Brad Ebert

Started by owenbond007, February 10, 2013, 01:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many points do you think will he score in first 4 rounds?

500+
3 (13.6%)
450-499
6 (27.3%)
400-449
7 (31.8%)
less than 400
6 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

owenbond007

From reports his had a great pre-season to date. With a favorable draw Demons, Giants,Crows, and suns how will he score?

I currently have him in m5 with a plan to turn him into swan in round 5.

Presto

To trade Ebert ($511k) to Swan ($688K) on round 5 you need Ebert to average 160+.
Even if he averages 110 (which I think very unlikely, even with port easy start) you will still be 150k short,and you will need another trade.

owenbond007

Ill have the money if he makes 30k-40k and swan drops the same ill be 60-80k better offer. if they hold their values thats fine but it is more likely ebert will dominate against the weaker sides than not.

Jukes

Last season against those four opponents (Dees, GWS, Crows, GC)
vs Melbourne: 98 (NAB cup), 91
vs GWS: 98
vs Crows: 92, 80
vs GC: 124

Not that impressive, if you're jumping on him for this early start you'd be hoping he'll average 110+ in those four games, and the stats point against this.

Has to have a big pre-season to get into my side over Redden and Selwood.

tbagrocks

Of course Swan will drop heaps as well

Brad is an improving player after his first full year, those scores will be irrelivant from the past

owenbond007

Them numbers are hardly going to deter me. Think 110+ is well in reach. I do vaguely remember ebert having a few big ones last year not sure what does numbers are.

Adamant

I have a soft spot for Brad after picking him up late the the Ultimate Footy draft last year. He was an absolute steal and is mainly why I finished top 4. 8)

I guess he wouldn't be the worst pick with Ports dream start, but I don't think his ceiling is high enough to really be worth it and give you an edge. Guys like Stanton, Stevie J, NRoo, etc (who have massive ceilings) are the ones to pick for their draws.

He is a consistent 90-115 scorer, but I wouldn't start him.

owenbond007

Hardly say bombers draw is favorable.

Adamant

Quote from: owenbond007 on February 10, 2013, 10:40:37 PM
Hardly say bombers draw is favorable.

I used those guys as examples, not because of their 2013 draw. I was trying to say that they all have massive ceilings, and you should look at guys like that when considering the team draw. A consistent guy like Ebert isn't going to score big numbers and won't hurt you by not having him.

owenbond007

kk sorry, misinterpreted what you were saying. Think ebert has pumped out a 150 before. I think his low risk with a great opportunity to go bang, especially for a m5.

Adamant

Quote from: owenbond007 on February 11, 2013, 12:25:15 AM
kk sorry, misinterpreted what you were saying. Think ebert has pumped out a 150 before. I think his low risk with a great opportunity to go bang, especially for a m5.

Ebert's top 5 highest scores = 125, 124, 123, 117, 114

Noz

Ebert along with Cornes and Boak have had a brilliant season so far.All 3 of them will have great starts to the season I reckon
I would predict
Ebert - 115 - Ceiling would be 140
Boak - 105 - Ceiling would be around 130
Cornes - 100 - Ceiling would be 120

I expect Ebert will jump into that category of super premium next season every club has one expect for Port so I would expect him to maintain that 115 average throughout the season