105-109
31 (43.1%)
110-114
14 (19.4%)
115+
4 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 4

masedog333

I haven't had him in my side once this preseason, I don't see why he is such a popular pick. Before the player positions came out everyone was saying that he will average in the 90's to about 100 on the dot, but ever since he was named solely as a midfielder, everyone is all of the sudden predicting a 110+ average. I just can't see him improving enough to become a keeper in the mids. I think about an average of 103 average is about right.

Colliwobblers

after being out injured all last season he returned in round 18, from there he averaged 24 disposals, 13 contested possessions and 4 clearances per game over the final 5 games.

he averaged the most most contested marks per game of any midfielder in the competition.

His disposal efficiency was shocking or he would have averaged 10-20 points higher.

if he fixes his disposal efficiency and add to that natural improvement, and add to that full fitness coming off a full preseason not coming in off injury and he should show us all why he is so highly regarded throughout the footy world.

i predict a 115 average ( IF HE IMPROVES HIS DISPOSAL EFFICIENCY) maybe more.

masedog333

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 10, 2013, 02:31:49 AM
after being out injured all last season he returned in round 18, from there he averaged 24 disposals, 13 contested possessions and 4 clearances per game over the final 5 games.

he averaged the most most contested marks per game of any midfielder in the competition.

His disposal efficiency was shocking or he would have averaged 10-20 points higher.

if he fixes his disposal efficiency and add to that natural improvement, and add to that full fitness coming off a full preseason not coming in off injury and he should show us all why he is so highly regarded throughout the footy world.

i predict a 115 average ( IF HE IMPROVES HIS DISPOSAL EFFICIENCY) maybe more.
wow if he was to average 115 i would be locking him in at M5 right now. just feel there is an element of risk and therefore i don't feel comfortable in picking him :/

Colliwobblers

yes it's one of those things, like dangerfield and grimes and beams, you suspect it will hapen for fyfe but you just don't know when.

he carries a greater risk for SC than he does for DT because his disposal efficiency has not been good in his career so far and was especially bad last 5 games of last season, still he was nowhere near in match fitness and had a horror year...

roll the dice... or don't :)

Vincent

Injury prone players are injury prone... until they're not. I've still got Fyfey on the injury prone list and until he shows me that he doesn't belong there he will not be making my team. Heaps of people are picking Grimes, Sylvia, Sandi and I even saw Higgins in one team. People are slow learners lol.

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 10, 2013, 02:31:49 AM

Good numbers but he averaged just 95 SC in those games. His 151 point game against Melbourne skews his average. He played 11 games including finals and scored over 100 in just 3 of them. 3/11 isn't premium.

Colliwobblers

I agree about the scoring Vincent, and that is all about his poor disposal efficiency which for SC makes him unpick-able unless or until he corrects it.

as for the injury prone part i agree with you there too but i don't think he is injury prone just that shoulder isn't it? we need to know that is all good again.

injuries are not such a big deal this season with 2 trades every week it is scoring that matters more than durability. you get burnt the game a player gets injured if its early in the game but you don't have to burn a trade or be stuck with them anymore like in previous seasons. bit easy really isnt it :)

tbagrocks

Well he has put on weight so that should help his sholders, could his shabby form be from missing half the year?

No doubt he's one of the most talented youngsters going around, with 30 trades i'm tempterd to takes some risks, at worst he makes mony to upgrade to a guy that drops like Danger, Cotchin, Beams, Swan, Ablett ect

Vincent

As far as I know he is the only AFL player to be injured by a suitcase.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Vincent on February 10, 2013, 02:56:33 AM

come on surely higgins has been injured by one too  ;D

SydneyRox

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 10, 2013, 02:58:47 AM
Quote from: Vincent on February 10, 2013, 02:56:33 AM

come on surely higgins has been injured by one too  ;D

agreed, last season, there was this bag of feathers, it was on top of shauns mums closet, he wanted to do the  right thing, them BAM, 6 weeks... poor bugger

brownmans muffins

I went the middle option
His average isn't the concern it's how many games he will,are it through unscathed
Great player but just too brittle

Mykonos FC

He averaged 107 in 2011 (in I think only his second year)!!
So add 2 more preaseasons, more experience, a better Freo team going places and he has bulked up and is ready for 2013, I can't go past him at that price.

EL TIGER

I wish I could fit him in, set to have a massive year - should have "broken out"last year imo.

I hope they ease him in so I can possibly pick him up once the injury rust is well out of the system... but I think im dreaming..

fever

the problem is his price. if he was 550k+ then you could pretty happily forget about him. at under 500k he's very hard to refuse.

Hippo

Quote from: fever on February 11, 2013, 05:56:55 PM
the problem is his price. if he was 550k+ then you could pretty happily forget about him. at under 500k he's very hard to refuse.
Exactly!!!

The kid is a clearance machine