If you could only pick one of these forwards who would it be ?

Started by Football Factory, February 09, 2013, 04:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you could only pick one of these forwards who would it be ?

Buddy
Chappy
Stevie J
Bartel
Pavlich
Zorko
Martin

Football Factory

Franklin

In 2012 he had 6 scores below 80, and one 81   ...  74, 76, 71, 72, 67, 76

Average vs first 5 opponents of 2013 .. Geelong 85.5  West Coast 65.9  Collingwood  96  Fremantle 68  Roos  86

The big question this year, is Buddy a better upgrade target ?

Chappy

Can the old man continue on and have another good year ? He has said he is feeling really good and is injury free .. training well

Steve Johnson

SJ tends to start the year slowly.

Steve Johnson - First 3 scores in the last 3 years

2010 - 96, 69, 77

2011 - 77, 102, 77

2012 - 68, 101, 60

He usually takes a month or so to really get going. I don't think he's a must to start with, as long as you get him in before round 9 (when Geelong play Port, Gold Coast, GWS in a row).
(stats from Adamant)

Bartel

Geelong youngsters are rumoured to be playing through the midfield this year, does this leave Bartel playing where he is needed Forward/Back ?  Will that affect his scoring ?

Pavlich

Has had Surgery in the offseason  Back and Knee from memory ?  has only just started training .. Not getting any younger ( shoosh Adamant  ;D )

Zorko

Can he back it up again this year ? ( Rockliff has stated he will probably get more attention this year but should handle it well ) will you pay top dollar for a guy who was worth 100k last year ?

Dusty Martin

Dusty is having the best pre-season ever thanks to a mentoring role by Chocco Williams, has broken several of his records. His problem last year was finshing off games he lacked the tank needed. Will 2013 be different and can he return to his 2011 average of 90 and take it further ?

nrich102

Jukes

Player = my predicted 2013 average, difference from 2012 average

Buddy = 97, -5
Chappy = 98, 0
Stevie J = 102, +5
Bartel = 93, -2
Pav = 96, +1
Zorko = 96, +1
Martin = 92, +7

If you're going for average, go SJ for sure. If you're going for price/average increase, go Martin.

Since SJ always has pretty poor starts to seasons with only 2 tons from his last 9 first-three games, I reckon a good strategy, and one I'm implementing with Nick Voldt, to start with a player who should gain cash fast early, then trade them to SJ within a month or two.

Mr.Craig

Adamant

Haha, as much as I would love to lock in Pav, his surgeries will probably slow him down early.

SJ will average the most IMO, but his slow starts mean he is a much better upgrade target.

I don't trust Zorko after playing just 16 games. I don't think he'll drop off too much, but I'm not sure if he can average 100+ either.

Chappy & Bartel are both old and will probably decrease.

I've got Dusty at the moment and he'd be my pick of the bunch, but I'm still not completely sold on him.

Football Factory

Quote from: Adamant on February 09, 2013, 04:31:37 PM
Haha, as much as I would love to lock in Pav, his surgeries will probably slow him down early.

SJ will average the most IMO, but his slow starts mean he is a much better upgrade target.

I don't trust Zorko after playing just 16 games. I don't think he'll drop off too much, but I'm not sure if he can average 100+ either.

Chappy & Bartel are both old and will probably decrease.

I've got Dusty at the moment and he'd be my pick of the bunch, but I'm still not completely sold on him.
lol yeah i have Dusty at the moment ..just still not sure

Nige

Presto

Chapman: Now that he is mainly playing forward I expect his downward spiral to continue
Johnson: If he goes back to being a midfielder only, he is worth considering
Bartel: Every year his average has gone down, I can't see it changing now.
Pavlich: Will see how he recovers from surgery
Zorko: He will struggle to repeat last year.
Martin: It seems to me that Hardwick is trying him in as a defender a la Birchall or Guerra. Hope not.
That leaves my choice Buddy, (Every year, there are threads that he will not repeat the previous year, and every year he proves us wrong)
By the way I have both Buddy and SJ in my team.

Football Factory

Quote from: Presto on February 09, 2013, 04:40:18 PM
Chapman: Now that he is mainly playing forward I expect his downward spiral to continue
Martin: It seems to me that Hardwick is trying him in as a defender a la Birchall or Guerra. Hope not.
That leaves my choice Buddy, (Every year, there are threads that he will not repeat the previous year, and every year he proves us wrong)
I dont doubt Franklin will probably average the most next year i just think he is a better upgrade target almost always drops cash .. especially this year with the draw Hawthorn has.

Presto

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on February 09, 2013, 04:44:29 PM
I dont doubt Franklin will probably average the most next year i just think he is a better upgrade target almost always drops cash .. especially this year with the draw Hawthorn has.
I probably agree with you,

Colliwobblers

voted stevie J expect him to be the safest chance to average the most for a fwd this seasson, if he doesn't rocky probably will.

Zorko gets a start in my DT fwd line however, he was NEVER "worth" $100k, he was just priced at that. GUN, already elite end of story.

Football Factory

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 09, 2013, 08:08:10 PM
voted stevie J expect him to be the safest chance to average the most for a fwd this seasson, if he doesn't rocky probably will.

Zorko gets a start in my DT fwd line however, he was NEVER "worth" $100k, he was just priced at that. GUN, already elite end of story.
I didnt write that to put people off ... thats just what happened .. must have hit a nerve sorry buddy  :P

jimmytigs

steviej
martin
buddy
not looking at the other 4 at all,consistency the odd huge game & injury free its steviej.you will have to cringe when buddy has the odd sensational game but he will miss a few & will have a couple games where he will give away 48 free kicks & annoy hell out of you,big upside with martin if he gets it together,zorko is yesterdays man,bartel goes missing too often,chappys gotta slow down sooner or later & will never pick pavlich in any of my sides again even though he did well last year,his pulling out of round 22/23 games is legendary & some other mugs can have that pain in butt problem now not me

essendon2

Chapman is playing a lot more MID this season
- having best pre-season of his career, absolutely no injury woes

Colliwobblers

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on February 09, 2013, 08:21:54 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 09, 2013, 08:08:10 PM

I didnt write that to put people off ... thats just what happened .. must have hit a nerve sorry buddy  :P

didn't hit a nerve ??? i was being adamant about zorko - didn't mean to sound argumentative.

simply stating it wasn't a surprise or unexpected that he would play the way he did, think he went into 80% of fantasy teams as soon as he was named, it was well reported how good he has been for many seasons at the lower level.

can he back it up? time will tell, but it isn't like we will be short of trades if he fails :)