Avoiding Cookie Cutter Teams

Started by timtim, February 09, 2013, 01:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timtim

With the Coache's Choice function in SC Gold its looking like half my initial squad are in the top 20 most popular players....

Not too sure how I feel about this as we know how important POD players are. However just wondering who is the LEAST POPULAR non-rookie player you have picked?

For me it's Kreuzer - currently only 4.6% of Coaches have picked him. And given there's even less variation in the choices of rucks it suddenly makes his contribution even more valuable.

Trawling the 'OWN %' column might be a new way to find a diamond in the rough? Thoughts?

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: timtim on February 09, 2013, 01:37:39 PM
With the Coache's Choice function in SC Gold its looking like half my initial squad are in the top 20 most popular players....

Not too sure how I feel about this as we know how important POD players are. However just wondering who is the LEAST POPULAR non-rookie player you have picked?

For me it's Kreuzer - currently only 4.6% of Coaches have picked him. And given there's even less variation in the choices of rucks it suddenly makes his contribution even more valuable.

Trawling the 'OWN %' column might be a new way to find a diamond in the rough? Thoughts?

Caddy (For now) and Sandilands for me at this point... Only 6.7% for both. Who knows if they will still be there in a month or so though!  ;D

Presto

For me: Duffield 2.5%, O'hAlpin 2.7%. No need to talk about rookies, since at this stage it means nothing.

hawkers65

Where about is the 'OWN %' column in SC?

ronl

I had Kreuzer last year.  Mate, you are committing ruck suicide.   He is a spud of monumental proportions.

Mykonos FC

I agree, I also get a bit annoyed at how easily people are persuaded to change players in their "Rate my SC" just because a couple of people don't like your selection.

Take advice on board but go with your gut and if you have stats to back up your choice then don't doubt yourself!

quinny88

Quote from: ronl on February 09, 2013, 04:10:57 PM
I had Kreuzer last year.  Mate, you are committing ruck suicide.   He is a spud of monumental proportions.

He's not a spud, hes just constantly injured. Apparently enjoying a full pre season though.

Still.. I wouldnt be going near him

no eye deer

Mundy for me. 3%. hope it stays that way! ;)

creeker

What % is S Selwood at ? Think he will smash it this year !

Colliwobblers

As of right now

1. Mitch Robinson 2.3%
2. Matt Jones 4.6%
3. Travis Cloke 6.4%
4. Patrick Ryder 6.7%
5. Joel Selwood 6.7%

thats my top 5 uniques or not so uniques

hawkers65

Creeker, S.Selwood is at 2%

colmullet

yeah having some uniques is a must (especially with 30 trades this year) to try and gain something over opponents, for me its Watts, Christensen, McEvoy, Jack as my most unique i think (haven't look at the %'s)

ajjewell

H Mcintosh and T Cloke at 6.3% and 6.4%

TheAnt

2 players below 2.1%. 8.6% have Goldstein which i'm pretty amazed at..maybe he won't be so popular after all.

monga77

I'm surprised to see that only 29% have leuenberger when the majority of the teams I've looked at have him  :o