Port Adelaide v Port Adelaide

Started by tbagrocks, February 09, 2013, 01:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Encouraging signs for a few hot topic players (from Adelaidenow) Power played the SANFL Magpies

Rookie-list pick-up Kane Mitchell displayed exceptional dash and endurance in the midfield and up forward, while small forward Jake Neade (two goals) looked dangerous inside 50.

In encouraging signs for the Power, injury-plagued key youngsters Hamish Hartlett and Jasper Pittard also produced strong outings.

Heralded first-round draft pick Ollie Wines displayed his toughness,

(from the PA website)

Angus Monfries was unselfish around the ground with a number of goal assists as well as running through the midfield for the latter parts of the game.

Campbell Heath was in good form running out of defence and kicked the opening goal of the match in an encouraging sign for a player who comes to the Power on the back of two knee reconstructions.

The Power’s regulars didn’t disappoint either with Jasper Pittard particularly impressive with a number of pressure efforts and using the ball well.

Hamish Hartlett was similarly impressive with his trademark long kicking providing plenty of opportunity to the Power’s forwards.

Ollie Wines strengthened his claim for round one selection with a quality performance playing out of the middle.

His mature ready-made body serviced the first-round draft pick well as he showed off his clever ability with the ball throughout the evening.

Noz

SydneyRox

hope campbell heath has a big year, was dissapointed we let him go, reckon port got a beauty

Mr.Craig

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 09, 2013, 01:36:55 AM
The Power’s regulars didn’t disappoint either with Jasper Pittard particularly impressive

Things are pretty rough when a guy who's played 14 games in two years is called a "regular". :P

Good news though.

Ziplock

' Port Adelaide v Port Adelaide'

finally! port can win something!

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Mr.Craig on February 09, 2013, 02:06:00 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on February 09, 2013, 01:36:55 AM
The Power’s regulars didn’t disappoint either with Jasper Pittard particularly impressive

Things are pretty rough when a guy who's played 14 games in two years is called a "regular". :P

Good news though.

he is in their best 22...think thats what the regular thing meant

elephants

Quote from: Ziplock on February 09, 2013, 02:07:48 AM
' Port Adelaide v Port Adelaide'

finally! port can win something!

Haha!

Quote from: Noz on February 09, 2013, 01:45:37 AM
Jake Neade > Cyril Rioli

Settle.

Wines, Monfries, Hamstring and Mitchell were all on my radar, good to see them perform.

SydneyRox

Noz

If Neade plays 22 games he could be a smokie for the rising star been a player we have needed for along time. We don't have many crumbing small forwards either. Not counting Ebert, Monfries and co

Wines will play round 1 and shouldn't see the vest.

Andrew

Quote from: Noz on February 09, 2013, 02:29:44 AM
Wines will play round 1 and shouldn't see the vest.

I'm warming to starting with this bloke. Thought I could downgrade to him, but maybe smarter starting with him...

elephants

If I can find the 50k I'm thinking I'll turn Viney/Crouch/Jaeger into Wines if he backs up in the nab.

ronl

Thanks for passing that on, Grocks, but I've always found that when you read critiques that have been generated by a club's  publicity department you have to take most of it with a grain of salt, and realise that their job is to attract new members etc. and not necessarily keep the general football public up to date with truly factual information.  By all means, add it to the broth, but dump in lots of salt as well.

Andrew

Quote from: elephants on February 09, 2013, 05:36:38 AM
If I can find the 50k I'm thinking I'll turn Viney/Crouch/Jaeger into Wines if he backs up in the nab.

I was only going to have 1 rookie getting a start in my team, but with Viney, O'Meara, and Wines all looking like great prospects I'm likely to make the room to start 2. I hate having rookies sitting on my bench who pump out good scores, so as long as Wines scores well in the NAB Cup I'm willing to take the punt on 4 mid rookies: Wines, O'Meara, Viney, and Matt Jones as a mature-age cheapie (could chance him to Crouch or others though).