All Stars vs Richmond.....LIVE Tonight :)

Started by nostradamus, February 08, 2013, 09:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: Andrew on February 09, 2013, 04:42:24 AM
Quote from: elephants on February 09, 2013, 03:40:42 AM
Quote from: Noz on February 09, 2013, 02:45:56 AM
Next year hopefully the AFL can just make 2 indigenous teams and let them play would be quite good to watch.

People would decide that's racist though.

Yes, because people are nuts.

Pretty much!

Windigo

I couldn't give a flying flower about the result, no one should.

Jroo

Quote from: Windigo on February 09, 2013, 11:47:37 AM
Exactly, I couldn't care less. We didn't get any injuries, and we got some experience into our youngsters.

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on February 09, 2013, 11:50:34 AM
Quote from: Windigo on February 09, 2013, 11:47:37 AM
Exactly, I couldn't care less. We didn't get any injuries, and we got some experience into our youngsters.
That's probably one of the good things to take away from the game, everyone getting through unscathed.

browny_wce

Next year hopefully the AFL can just make 2 indigenous teams and let them play would be quite good to watch.
surely they could make an International team to play
full of the Irish lads, 4 or 5 of the kiwis floating around, NicNat, KHunt, Rodan, Houli, Carlisle, etc.
thatd be pretty cool to watch
though the Indigenpous team would probably smash

quinny88

Quote from: Noz on February 09, 2013, 02:31:35 AM
He didn't play? Oh I saw he was named last week but didn't know he pulled out.

Point still stands

Richmond have disgraced the AFL

Are you for real mate?

Ive posted this already but im going to post it again for the thick people out there like yourself that think this game had any meaning or resembled anything for Richmond whatsoever.

Rance, Chaplin, Vickery, Riewoldt Did not play.. That is the teams spine.
Maric, Cotchin, Deledio, Foley Did not play.. That is the teams starting midfield
Griffiths, Grimes, Houli Did not play.. They are starting backmen.
Jake King Did not play he is a starting forward.

Take any teams spine, Ruckman and starting midfield out and they will loose 9 times out of 10. Add to that another 3 starting players and they do not win at all 10/10 times.
It was an exhibition game played on a 40 degree day in the NT that meant nothing to us.
For the all stars. Half of those players would rather play for that team than there own teams. It meant a lot to them, they were representing their people in front of their people. They were proud and pumped up from the start.
If this makes Richmond a disgrace to the AFL then you know nothing about football clearly  ::)

Ziplock

Quote from: browny_wce on February 09, 2013, 05:37:20 PM
surely they could make an International team to play
full of the Irish lads, 4 or 5 of the kiwis floating around, NicNat, KHunt, Rodan, Houli, Carlisle, etc.
thatd be pretty cool to watch
though the Indigenpous team would probably smash

yeah, international team would be pretttttty cool as well :P

mzungu, nahas, obrien, saad, pyke as well

you could build a reasonable team :P

Grazz

Gotta agree some are being a bit harsh on the Tigers with the team that ran out on the ground. It was a nothing game and i'm certain as i'm sitting here writing this that when their best 22 run out there will be daylight between the performance they put up  compared to last night. I feel some are just putting the boots in for the sake of being inflammatory. Bad form that.

Noz

Quote from: quinny88 on February 09, 2013, 05:59:21 PM

Point still stands

Are you for real mate?

Ive posted this already but im going to post it again for the thick people out there like yourself that think this game had any meaning or resembled anything for Richmond whatsoever.

Maric, Cotchin, Deledio, Foley Did not play.. That is the teams starting midfield

Take any teams spine, Ruckman and starting midfield out and they will loose 9 times out of 10. Add to that another 3 starting players and they do not win at all 10/10 times.
It was an exhibition game played on a 40 degree day in the NT that meant nothing to us.
For the all stars. Half of those players would rather play for that team than there own teams. It meant a lot to them, they were representing their people in front of their people. They were proud and pumped up from the start.
If this makes Richmond a disgrace to the AFL then you know nothing about football clearly  ::)

Oh i forgot about all the A grade Indigenous players that played yesterday i mean you had Wellingham, Ryder, Bennell, Betts, Lewis Jetta and umm err Hill? All Stars didn't even have a spine so don't use that as an excuse.

Johncock at full forward, Lovett Murray at Full Back what a start to a teams spine.

Martin, Grigg, Conca, Tuck, Ellis, Nahas, Morris, Aaron Edwards, Shane Edwards, Knights all played funnily enough they have been in your best 22 majority of times last season with the exception of Aaron Edwards and Knights of course.

King wouldn't of made any difference

So you say

All stars had Franklin, Burgoyne, Goodes and Rioli out

quinny88

Quote from: Grazz on February 09, 2013, 06:05:53 PM
Gotta agree some are being a bit harsh on the Tigers with the team that ran out on the ground. It was a nothing game and i'm certain as i'm sitting here writing this that when their best 22 run out there will be daylight between the performance they put up  compared to last night. I feel some are just putting the boots in for the sake of being inflammatory. Bad form that.

Spott on Grazz, its rediculous. Thought people were a little more intelligent on this forum than to call a team a "disgrace" because they lost a scratch match with half their team out in a pre season game that meant nothing to them.

Even if Richmond ran out with a full strength side and lost by 100 points it would still mean nothing! It was a bit of fun to promote the game and the contibution of indigenous people in the AFL. Wasn't meant to be a full blown slog out

owenbond007

quinny88

Quote from: Noz on February 09, 2013, 06:17:43 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on February 09, 2013, 05:59:21 PM

Point still stands

Are you for real mate?

Oh i forgot about all the A grade Indigenous players that played yesterday i mean you had Wellingham, Ryder, Bennell, Betts, Lewis Jetta and umm err Hill? All Stars didn't even have a spine so don't use that as an excuse.

Johncock at full forward, Lovett Murray at Full Back what a start to a teams spine.

Martin, Grigg, Conca, Tuck, Ellis, Nahas, Morris, Aaron Edwards, Shane Edwards, Knights all played funnily enough they have been in your best 22 majority of times last season with the exception of Aaron Edwards and Knights of course.

King wouldn't of made any difference

So you say

All stars had Franklin, Burgoyne, Goodes and Rioli out

So what!? It was an exhibiotion game mate.. Do you take these things that seriously?
Did you jump around youre living room like you had won the flag when Port beat the dogs in London??
No one cares. It was a bit of fun. It meant a lot to the indignous players to play together and represent their people. To us it was a training drill. I hope you dont get to worked up when you watch Ports intra club matches and think they should take it more seriously..  ::)

Noz

Port/Bulldogs match in London was set up was always going to be a close game if one team dominantly controlled the match do you think it would do great to promote the game.

I just expected Richmond being a real team would do a lot more in the game and make it a bit closer.

GM

Footy is alive and well!

Noz, quinny is correct mate,with everything he says.If the Tiges come out rd 1 against the Blues with a similar result.
Then they would probably be fair game.

Grazz

Quote from: Noz on February 09, 2013, 06:27:31 PM
Port/Bulldogs match in London was set up was always going to be a close game if one team dominantly controlled the match do you think it would do great to promote the game.

I just expected Richmond being a real team would do a lot more in the game and make it a bit closer.

Richmond are a real team compared to the All Stars but if that Tigers side ran out against say Hawthorn or Collingwood they would of been beaten by alot more than they were. I feel your expectations of Richmond coming into last nights game were to high Noz for those that actually took to the ground. Hardwick wanted to have a look at his fringe players and see what he had, putting a full strength side out there would of taught him nothing compared to what he learnt last night about his clubs depth.