All Stars vs Richmond.....LIVE Tonight :)

Started by nostradamus, February 08, 2013, 09:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Quote from: Chelskiman on February 09, 2013, 12:43:49 AM
Quote from: Master Q on February 09, 2013, 12:30:52 AM
Haven't read any of the thread, but -

Regardless of the Tiger's line up they should be winning. They are an actual team with chemistry...

Not much chemistry when like 9 players are making their debuts, even if some more senior players are in the side.
Yes but they've been training together for months now...

nostradamus

l can imagine the paint peeling from the dressingroom walls after Hardwick finished with them

Chelskiman

Quote from: Master Q on February 09, 2013, 12:47:56 AM

Regardless of the Tiger's line up they should be winning. They are an actual team with chemistry...

Not much chemistry when like 9 players are making their debuts, even if some more senior players are in the side.
Yes but they've been training together for months now...

Training an playing full matches together isn't really the same thing.  I could train with the Tigers too, it doesn't mean I'd be able to step out there and have instant chemistry.

Quote from: nostradamus on February 09, 2013, 12:46:06 AM

8 Allstars were making their debut too, and the vast majority of the team dont even play together

I realise this, and I'm not trying to make excuses, because we really should of been playing much better than we did.  The result didn't matter at all, it was how we performed, and it really wasn't up to standard, even if it was only the first game of the season.

Noz

Richmond didn't just go pluck these players out of nowhere and this was the first time they have ever seen each other they have been training together for months they have been apart of match simulations and would know a lot about each others game style already.

Looked at the goals and Jack Riewoldt couldn't get any at all? Against a pretty poor defence.

A disgraceful performance by Richmond indeed.

Capper

Jroo

Quote from: Noz on February 09, 2013, 01:44:49 AM
Richmond didn't just go pluck these players out of nowhere and this was the first time they have ever seen each other they have been training together for months they have been apart of match simulations and would know a lot about each others game style already.

Looked at the goals and Jack Riewoldt couldn't get any at all? Against a pretty poor defence.

A disgraceful performance by Richmond indeed.
Jroo didn't play, just like half of our best 22

elephants

Okay, let's chill on the Tiger bashing. I hope people don't take the nab as seriously as this or we are in for a long few weeks :P

Aaaaanyway, anyone know if/when stats for this game will appear?

Ziplock

dunno.

I considered taking the stats myself...

but then realised I cbf :P

Bones Bombers

Richmond just couldn't get much of the ball. The indigenous boys were too quick and highly skilled. They played very well.
Paddy Ryder monstered the backup rucks Richmond had playing.
And I don't know why you would even comment if you didn't even know JRoo wasn't playing. Doh!
Richmond had so many quality players out it was ridiculous.

fertalong

Are there DT scores for this game by any chance?

Noz

He didn't play? Oh I saw he was named last week but didn't know he pulled out.

Point still stands

Richmond have disgraced the AFL

Ziplock

god, imagine if buddy and rioli had played... like when it comes down to it, that was the indigenous b team really...

Noz

Next year hopefully the AFL can just make 2 indigenous teams and let them play would be quite good to watch.

elephants

Quote from: Noz on February 09, 2013, 02:45:56 AM
Next year hopefully the AFL can just make 2 indigenous teams and let them play would be quite good to watch.

People would decide that's racist though.

Andrew

Quote from: elephants on February 09, 2013, 03:40:42 AM
Quote from: Noz on February 09, 2013, 02:45:56 AM

People would decide that's racist though.

Yes, because people are nuts.