Main Menu

Mitch Morton

Started by S_Coach99, February 08, 2013, 12:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S_Coach99

Hello Swan Fans and Congrats on the 2012 Flag win.

What are the thoughts on Mitch Morton playing DT/SC wise this year with the inclusion of Tippett?

Think he will get a game, in particular early on?

Capper

There is no doubt that after playing the last 5 games that he is now a chance to play R1 but with McGlynn back from injury they could both be battling for one spot.

$164,900 is a nice price in DT but he is a more than a good chance of starting with the vest

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,69645.msg935305.html#msg935305

S_Coach99

Samm79

Vest at best, needs an injury to be included. McGlynn and Rohan are in front of him.

SydneyRox

he is pretty certain to play rnds 1 and 2. beyond that will depend on his performance. his role is not the same as tipetts, so come rnd 13 he will be ok if he is performing.

Samm79

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 10, 2013, 04:19:59 AM
he is pretty certain to play rnds 1 and 2. beyond that will depend on his performance. his role is not the same as tipetts, so come rnd 13 he will be ok if he is performing.

I am not so sure sir. Just because they have different roles doesn't mean they're not interchangable. They may just go with the best individual players available and will have slightly different forward line set up to deal with another tall instead of a medium size forward.

I have a feeling that if Morton hasn't been dropped beforehand he will be dropped for Tippett.. That being said I hope he makes himself undropable!

Not sure

Capper

Quote from: Samm79 on February 16, 2013, 12:46:17 AM
Quote from: SydneyRox on February 10, 2013, 04:19:59 AM

I am not so sure sir. Just because they have different roles doesn't mean they're not interchangable. They may just go with the best individual players available and will have slightly different forward line set up to deal with another tall instead of a medium size forward.

I have a feeling that if Morton hasn't been dropped beforehand he will be dropped for Tippett.. That being said I hope he makes himself undropable!

Not sure
if he does it will make it very interesting to see who makes the 22. Tippett comes in for Pyke imo

SydneyRox

i am having trouble picking a 22. McGlynn has to come in for someone, and you would think there will be a NAB star to force the way in as well. Pyke and Morton look the most vulnerable

Capper

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 17, 2013, 02:16:32 AM
i am having trouble picking a 22. McGlynn has to come in for someone, and you would think there will be a NAB star to force the way in as well. Pyke and Morton look the most vulnerable
hard to drop Pyke after the final quarter of the GF

the flying hawk

pyke is safe morton had a stuart dew moment in the grand final i think he is better as a depth player :)

Cruiseon

Quote from: the flying hawk on February 21, 2013, 02:25:33 PM
pyke is safe morton had a stuart dew moment in the grand final i think he is better as a depth player :)

Nice compaison, in 15 years time both will be referenced for their great GF moments.

Like Dew however, I don't think Morton will have significant chapters to add to his story but we'll see.

SydneyRox

At least people will be talking about the grand final and finals performance and not how much talent did he have, why did he go nowhere

Capper

Would have thought that he would have got a game R1 of NAB cup but its also good to see that all the Juniors are getting a game

SydneyRox

Quote from: tabs on February 22, 2013, 03:19:53 PM
Would have thought that he would have got a game R1 of NAB cup but its also good to see that all the Juniors are getting a game

So would I. He isnt that cemented into the team that resting should be the reason. Havent heard anything about injury... Is an interesting call