Main Menu

Betting Suspended

Started by tbagrocks, February 07, 2013, 09:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Round one Adelaide v Essendon betting has been suspended :o

A little rich for betting agencies to take moral high ground :o

elephants

I'm not a huge gambler but what happens if you've already put money on the Crows?

tbagrocks

Quote from: elephants on February 07, 2013, 09:11:59 PM
I'm not a huge gambler but what happens if you've already put money on the Crows?
I really have no idea, last I saw they were $1.50 with tab

Bluke

If Essendon dont play I would assume your money would be refunded?

elephants

Quote from: Bluke on February 07, 2013, 09:18:36 PM

Yeah I'd say so.

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 07, 2013, 09:18:06 PM

As soon as betting opened last year Adelaide were $2 as we're the bombers. I thought yeah alright, slapped a 50 on them. Now they're into 1.50 so hopefully the game is played and the Crows dominate :)

tbagrocks

Quote from: elephants on February 07, 2013, 09:21:37 PM
Quote from: Bluke on February 07, 2013, 09:18:36 PM

Yeah I'd say so.

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 07, 2013, 09:18:06 PM

As soon as betting opened last year Adelaide were $2 as we're the bombers. I thought yeah alright, slapped a 50 on them. Now they're into 1.50 so hopefully the game is played and the Crows dominate :)
Great bet! Could be up against a team of amatures :-X

quinny88

Bit crazy to be placing bets on round 1 this early anyway isnt it? Lol
I mean lets say during the Nab cup Dangerfield, Sloan, Thompson, Walker and Jacobs all get injured and miss round 1. Dont think I would be betting just yet

RobsOverAchieverss

I would be betting on the team that is cheating to get an edge, you honestly think the afl  and ASADA  will finish there investigation within a month no way if anything this investigation will take months, look at melbourne and the tanking situation its taken months and still no conclusion even though every afl supporter or anyone watching the game could tell you they where tanking.

Ziplock

haven't they been investigating this for over a year now though?

RobsOverAchieverss

Quote from: Ziplock on February 09, 2013, 10:45:04 PM
haven't they been investigating this for over a year now though?
No they were alerted to it late last year but only like a week or two before the essendon press conference did they start and investigating thats what prompted essendon to explain themselves, i personally think it will come out that essendon where taking legal supplements but the whole issues no one at the club can confirm what they where taking, its more neglegance than anything illegal....Why dont they just legalise all performance enhancing drugs in all sportd what a spectacle one of my sc players breaks there leg and they will recover in time to play the next week...The competetion will be better in will level the playing field because theres always gonna be cheats as long is there is still ways to cheat... i mean the Tour De Drugs basically your skills involve a little bit of cycling but mainly how much drugs your on and how well you can hide it, caddell where on to you!!!

Ziplock

haha, I see your point. But aren't performance enhancing drugs bad for your body as well? Isn't that one of the issues with them?

RobsOverAchieverss

Quote from: Ziplock on February 09, 2013, 11:07:07 PM
haha, I see your point. But aren't performance enhancing drugs bad for your body as well? Isn't that one of the issues with them?
Lol sorry i went on a rant i have been listening to SEN at work all week its all they talk about, i guess it would be like steroids everything would have side effects, theres a difference between illicit drugs is like party drugs or Recreational, and performance enhancing is peptides which are like Protein or to help your body recover quicker ie,,, if i wanted to go gym twice a day to get bigger quicker i couldnt because you need to wait two days for your body to recover but if you take these apparentley it repairs the muscle quicker so you are able to work out longer and more frequently if that makes sense.

Ziplock

yeah I get what you mean, but as you said there'd probably be side effects, hence why you wouldn't legalise it- you'd open the sport/s and clubs up to litigation from former athletes..

RobsOverAchieverss

Quote from: Ziplock on February 09, 2013, 11:48:34 PM
yeah I get what you mean, but as you said there'd probably be side effects, hence why you wouldn't legalise it- you'd open the sport/s and clubs up to litigation from former athletes..
thats a fair point didnt look at that ... i am just over the drug talk either way were gonna watch footy... everyone is quick to call for hird and co to be sacked they havent even been found guilty yet..

The Mongoose

If anything, the results of this probe will more than likely cause the AFL to tighten their restrictions on what players can and cannot be given.

You will never see them allow everyone to use whatever supplements they like, due to player welfare.