Broughton- What is he worth?

Started by Ash A, February 07, 2013, 08:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash A

How will he compare to the guns?
Will he be more valuable than a birchall, stanley, scotland or grimes???

my head is in a spin at the moment as to whether he will really benefit from the swap

thanks in advance

Mr.Craig

Ricochet

i think he's good for an 85-90 average but can't see him going much higher

Some more discussion is here
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,68892.0.html

Ash A

having seen this and moving some things around, what are your thoughts on lake vs broughton. chip around at hawks is making lake look tasty but should i go broughton over lake (i am a massive lake fan)

goddard, gibbs, grimes, lake, goodes, terlich

VS

goddard, gibbs, birchall, broughton, goodes, terlich

Windigo

If Lake is gunna get back to the glory days he is in the right back line to do it.  ;)

Jukes

omg MrC I'm listening to the news and it's about some 40-something pedo who thought he was sexting with a 13 year old girl but was actually a cop, then I see your pic :P :O

I do not rate Broughton at all. Will frustrate every owner and not average 88+. Try mid-80s.

Football Factory

Broughton averaged poorly last year because Lyon played him in stupid positions and roles, thats the reason he left Freo. At Gold Coast he has been promised the half-back role and stints in the middle. I will be putting him in because i feel he will be a top6 defender and is underpriced. Last time i talk him up .. im over it   ;)

Jroo

I reckon he's defintley worth it, just not sure I can fit him in.
I'm deciding whether to start Broughton/Hanley/Grimes as d3 and have picked Grimes

Presto

The F.A.R.K.

To much risk for not enough gain

Will average 85pts at best at gc and he is priced at an ave of 79 so a 6pt increase

On the other habd could do shower and average 60 odd so a 15-20pt loss

Too much risk for minimal gain, pay the extra 20k and get hanley

Presto

I recon that there will be quite a few coaches that after swearing "Never again" will select him. Then after a few weeks of under 80 average, I will enjoy telling them "I told you so" or "Suffer suckers". On the other hand with 44 trades it does not matter to have a few wrong choices

Adamant

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on February 08, 2013, 12:01:32 AM
To much risk for not enough gain

Will average 85pts at best at gc and he is priced at an ave of 79 so a 6pt increase

On the other habd could do shower and average 60 odd so a 15-20pt loss

Too much risk for minimal gain, pay the extra 20k and get hanley

I don't have Broughton, but would take him over Hanley any day of the week.

SydneyRox

he could be worththe risk. hopefully bluey lets him loose in the NAB and makes it easy for us,

newfreofan

Lock, but then again I'm addicted to the Bro town rollercoaster every year.