Preseason Update Club by Club: Sydney Swans

Started by Ricochet, February 07, 2013, 08:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

OTHER TEAM REPORTS

ADEL  -  BRIS  -  CAR  -  COL  -  ESS  -  FRE  -  GEE  -  GC  -  GWS  -  HAW  -  MEL  -  NM  -  PORT  -  RIC  -  STK  -  SYD  -  WCE  -  WB

Courtesy of the Herald Sun

SYDNEY SWANS

Track Watch
TRACK STAR: Look out for Lewis Jetta. He has been the standout at the Swans over the summer with Jarrad McVeigh a close second. Dan Hannebery won the 3km time-trail.

COTTON WOOL: Co-captain Adam Goodes has been nursed through the pre-season as a result of his injured left knee. He partially tore the posterior cruciate ligament in last year’s Grand Final win and is still 2-3 weeks away from resuming full training.

REMEMBER THIS KID: Defender Jordan Lockyer,19, missed the majority of last season with ongoing hamstring issues. That now appears to be behind him. He’s shown massive improvement over the pre-season.

DREAM TEAM TIP: Josh Kennedy let no one down last year. Expect no different this season.

WHAT’S CHANGED: Well, there is a new shiny trophy in the cabinet. There is also a big forward called Kurt Tippett now (finally) on the list. The big man is said to be training superbly, too.

WHAT HASN’T: The Swans’ culture. They have just won a flag, but you wouldn’t know it from the way they are training. Those in the know say they are far from content and hungry for more success.

Medical Room
Gary Rohan = Broken leg: Ran outside for the first time on January 7 and pulled up OK. It was the first time away from an anti-gravity treadmill, but the Swans will not set a timeframe on a return.
Adam Goodes = Knee: The superstar did serious damage to the PCL in his knee in the Grand Final and is still a few weeks away from joining in skills work. Started running again in the new year.
Nick Smith = Knee: The youngster had an arthroscopy on his knee but is progressing nicely and could play NAB Cup.
Martin Mattner = Hips: Hit the treadmill again in the new year. Took three months off after some hip joint issues late last year.

SydneyRox

First time i have read about Jetts tearing up the track. Can only mean good things.

Ricochet

This guy could be anything. Hannebery is another one I'm keeping my eye on

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Ricochet on February 08, 2013, 04:06:34 AM

If hannebry can play 22 games at 100% fitness he will go.95+

Ricochet

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on February 08, 2013, 04:09:28 AM

thats the big IF with Hannebery tho isn't it

tbagrocks

Quote from: Ricochet on February 08, 2013, 04:18:20 AM

No way i'm taking a guy that could go 95 plus, unless that guy was under 300k

I thing Hannas could go over 100 and this is the year to take those risks, as long as you make money on your risks it's all good

Andrew

Quote from: Ricochet on February 08, 2013, 04:18:20 AM

He didn't go big v GWS and Gold Coast last year, compared to say, Kieran Jack... I'm considering one of those two due to Sydney's easy start.

SydneyRox

hanners is going to be massive this year. one of the problems, he is selfless. not the kind of guy who gets cheap stats.