Preseason Update Club by Club: Geelong Cats

Started by Ricochet, February 07, 2013, 07:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

OTHER TEAM REPORTS

ADEL  -  BRIS  -  CAR  -  COL  -  ESS  -  FRE  -  GEE  -  GC  -  GWS  -  HAW  -  MEL  -  NM  -  PORT  -  RIC  -  STK  -  SYD  -  WCE  -  WB

Courtesy of the Herald Sun

GEELONG CATS

Track Watch
TRACK STARS: Paul Chapman ran a personal-best in the 2km time-trial, Harry Taylor has added a touch of speed while George Horlin-Smith is being billed to lead the next-generation midfield.

COTTON WOOL: Daniel Menzel (knee) is two months away. Josh Hunt (glandular) doubtful for Round 1, while Hamish McIntosh (knee) sat out the North Melbourne scratch matches.

Chris Scott could also rest James Kelly, Tom Hawkins and Jimmy Bartel early in the NAB Cup.

THE QUOTE: “Jackson Thurlow reminds me of Enright. He’s a good size, covers ground well and good athlete,” assistant coach Blake Caracella said about their first-round pick, who is primed for an early season debut.

CAN’T WAIT TO SEE: Josh Caddy. The No.7 draft pick joined the Cats as a shy youngster, but since Christmas has come out of his shell and sizzled on the track.

Big things are expected from the inside midfielder and this could be his breakout year.

HE’S BACK: Forget Jared Rivers and McIntosh, Travis Varcoe looms as Geelong's best “recruit”.

The goalkicking speedster is fully fit after a 2012 destroyed by foot injuries. Varcoe should be on your radar along with Caddy.

DREAM TEAM TIP: Jimmy Bartel is as reliable as they come and can be picked as a forward this year

Medical Room
Daniel Menzel = Knee: Opted for LARS after suffering a third serious knee injury at training just before Christmas. Remarkably hoping to play VFL in Round 1.
Hamish McIntosh = Knee: Still not in full training after knee surgery which curtailed his 2012 season. Won’t feature in the early rounds of the NAB Cup.
Josh Hunt = Glandular fever: Restricted to light duties after losing 3kg. In doubt for Round 1.
James Kelly = Hip: Easing back into full training after off-season surgery.
Jimmy Bartel = Foot: Like Kelly, is slowly transitioning back into the main group and will be fine when the real stuff rolls around.

Windigo

Holz

Windigo

Aaron8

Looking forward to seeing Caddy play in the NAB. A tad expensive but if he preforms well could be a great pick up in that Geelong midfield and push a 80-90 ave.

Ricochet

Quote from: Aaron8 on February 07, 2013, 10:47:25 PM
Looking forward to seeing Caddy play in the NAB. A tad expensive but if he preforms well could be a great pick up in that Geelong midfield and push a 80-90 ave.
There's no doubt the kid will be a gun, but he has a very awkward price

SydneyRox

Holz

Quote from: Windigo on February 07, 2013, 07:42:34 PM
Byrnes went to Melbourne?  :o

Oops my bad shouldn't post while I'm sick. I'm pretty sure I'm not wrong with varcoe not being a recruit.