Preseason Update Club by Club: Carlton Blues

Started by Ricochet, February 07, 2013, 07:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

OTHER TEAM REPORTS

ADEL  -  BRIS  -  CAR  -  COL  -  ESS  -  FRE  -  GEE  -  GC  -  GWS  -  HAW  -  MEL  -  NM  -  PORT  -  RIC  -  STK  -  SYD  -  WCE  -  WB

Courtesy of the Herald Sun

CARLTON BLUES

Track Watch
Ed Curnow broke the long-standing Princes Park time-trial record held by former midfielder and now board member Adrian Gleeson.

Curnow ran the 3.2km course in 9min 44sec.

EASY DOES IT: The Blues won't rush Michael Jamison who has endured plenty of injury issues over the past few years. Lachlan Henderson (hip/groin) will be eased into it.

Only Andrew McInnes (knee) has been ruled out for the Round 1 clash against Richmond so far.

ROLE SWITCHES: Expect Chris Yarran to spend time alternating between half-back and the midfield.

Jeff Garlett is extremely fit and can be expected to run through the middle at stages.

CAN’T HOLD HIM BACK: Marc Murphy is meant to be easing his way back from surgery, but he is flying.

Chris Judd is also fresh and raring to go.

DREAM TEAM TIP: Mick Malthouse has already said he plans to play Bryce Gibbs in the midfield and has challenged him to live up to his huge potential.

WHAT'S CHANGED: The Blues have put much more of an emphasis on a boundary line philosophy, something which has brought Mick Malthouse plenty of success.

More work on the press has been noted by track watchers

Medical Room
Chris Judd = Hamstring: A slight tweak has ruled the skipper out of the Blues' February intra-club match. But they say he'll be fine for round 1 of the NAB Cup.
Lachie Henderson = Hip/groin: The key back will be eased back into full training.
Andrew McInnes = Knee: Progressing well after tearing his ACL in the final minute of Carlton's loss to Gold Coast. On a running program but not expect back until early June
Jaryd Cachia = Hamstring: On a modified program nursing hamstring tightness.

elephants

Good to hear that news about Marc! Where's my watchlist...

essendon2

Ricochet

Mr.Craig

SydneyRox

Mr.Craig

I should qualify that by saying he did end up putting on some reasonable money that year but starting off with a 21 and missing a couple of games early was hard to swallow.

SydneyRox

aftet brisbane, the blues are probably the most fantasy relevant team this year

Ricochet

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 08, 2013, 04:51:19 AM
aftet brisbane, the blues are probably the most fantasy relevant team this year
Yeh they're definitely up there. Don't forget Collingwood too. Swan, Beams, Pendles, Ball and Cloke at his cheap price.
I have 4xBlues, 6xPies and 6xLions

essendon2

yeah can't decide out of Russell, Yarran, Atley and Harbrow

Artax

Did Scotland end up getting suspended and if so how long ?

SydneyRox

Artax

Thats what I thought. Thanks mate.

Thinking about taking him in an elite league starting in round 2. Same with Bock

Windigo

No word on Mitch Robbo?

Someone said he was making a lot of errors in the intra club game. Got a lot of ball though, so it doesn't matter for Dt I guess.  :P