Goddard and team morale

Started by Frankfaust, February 07, 2013, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankfaust1

Nearly everyone has Godd locked, but I'm wondering about the effects of team disarray on his capacity to do the business. Is he still a lock?

ben_020285

Unless the Bombers are banned from playing in the AFL this year which is highly unlikely then yes, Goddard is still a lock.

ossie85

Goddard one of the few not in line to be suspended, yeah, still a lock

Frankfaust1

Quote from: ossie85 on February 07, 2013, 02:05:30 PM

Yep Ossie, I get that he won't be suspended, I was really more wondering on the mental effect of the club going to shower all around him.

Biscuit Warriors

ossie85

Quote from: Frankfaust on February 07, 2013, 02:10:00 PM

Yep Ossie, I get that he won't be suspended, I was really more wondering on the mental effect of the club going to shower all around him.

Scored ok at St. Kilda  :P

GCSkiwi

Quote from: ossie85 on February 07, 2013, 02:57:27 PM

Hahaha I like it.

In seriousness though if anything isn't it a good thing really? If, worst case scenario, a bunch of bombers get suspended, then it will be Goddard and a VFL team. GAJ and gold coast all over again, he will pillage points from the rest of the team.

Frankfaust1

Quote from: GCSkiwi on February 07, 2013, 03:02:29 PM

Hahaha I like it.

In seriousness though if anything isn't it a good thing really? If, worst case scenario, a bunch of bombers get suspended, then it will be Goddard and a VFL team. GAJ and gold coast all over again, he will pillage points from the rest of the team.
[/quote]
Could be. I'm wondering about the second tier of players the club might have available and any likely starters if there are suspensions.

Yoshi

Correct me if I'm wrong but back 2011 Goddard seemed a very angry man during the NAB games & this affected his scores early on. He went from 2010 (113avg) to 2011 (96avg).
He started the 2011 season with scores of - 96, 72, 92, 113, 78, 73. Not what you'd expect.

Mental state of mind can cause many issues.

I'm pretty sure that the overall winner in 2011 didn't start with Goddard, although he did end up with him. Just proves you don't have to have the best from the get go.

I'm only saying it is certainly worth monitoring during NAB to see how he whole Essendon team react to these drug issues. I still have him in my side & will stay their until I see any reason not to start with Goddard.

GCSkiwi

Yoshi - no doubt something to keep an eye on. It's definitely crossed my mind with my team that I could swap Goddard, one of Jelwood/JPK/Cotchin and a rookie defender for Birchall, Murphy and Broughton. Regardless of the bombers concerns I'm still considering this option ;)

S_Coach99

Him and Heppell... yeah suddenly a tiny bit uneasy about selecting them.

Probably just paranoid at this stage, ill watch NAB cup and see the outcome of the cheating/doping investigations...

Who knows at this stage - Might be forced to remove Heppell if they all get banned.

tbagrocks

Quote from: ossie85 on February 07, 2013, 02:57:27 PM

Legendary man, Legendary post   

quinny88

He might be the only guy playing for Essendon this year. He's a lock for sure

Jay

SydneyRox