Rolling Lockout Round One

Started by Shiftynev, February 07, 2013, 01:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiftynev

Hopefully someone knows the answer to my question.

Up to round one we have unlimited trades as we sort our teams out.
Previous seasons this has ceased at the start of round one, but now with the rolling lockout can I continue to trade players from teams that have not played in round one?
Will I be forced to guess the rookies from the later games (Geelong and Hawthorn) up to a week out.
Not wanting to wait untill the partial lockouts start to find my loop hole may not exist.

jasonpushy

great question.   fricken stupid idea to have the richmond carlton game a week before the other games.    This could stuff up most peoples teams, if your team needs to be finalised before the first game.

Ringo

This defeats the rolling lock out.  My understanding that with a rolling lock out that only players from the teams that are playing are locked so taking Round 1 for example. Crows and Essendon players will be locked on Friday 22nd March, Freo and West Coast on Saturday 23rd March and so on.

Using you example and applying the rolling lock out as I see it on Monday Morning say Franklin pulls out you can replace with Roughead,

Only rule I am not sure of and i will ask HS is if any trades made after 22nd March do they count towards the 30 trade.

Ringo

Quote from: Ringo on February 07, 2013, 02:59:36 PM
This defeats the rolling lock out.  My understanding that with a rolling lock out that only players from the teams that are playing are locked so taking Round 1 for example. Crows and Essendon players will be locked on Friday 22nd March, Freo and West Coast on Saturday 23rd March and so on.

Using you example and applying the rolling lock out as I see it on Monday Morning say Franklin pulls out you can replace with Roughead,

Only rule I am not sure of and i will ask HS is if any trades made after 22nd March do they count towards the 30 trade.
Have just got this advice back from HS regarding query

I asked if I traded Franklin to Roughead on 1st April would this count as part of trade or unlimited trades for round 1.  Here is their reply.

"In that instance, that trade would count as part of your unlimited trades for round 1."

So looks like any trades made in rolling lock out count as unlimited,

tbagrocks

Of course we'll all be hoping our players are actually named week two or our seasons could be over before round one is complete :-[

Shiftynev

Thanks for that ringo  ;D

So in summary I have unlimited trades untill a team has started its first game in round 1.
So I shouldn't have to gamble on possible rookie selections a week out from the game.

Ringo

That is how I interpret it know with the advice given.

PowerMan

Quote from: Ringo on February 07, 2013, 04:37:38 PM
Quote from: Ringo on February 07, 2013, 02:59:36 PM

Have just got this advice back from HS regarding query

I asked if I traded Franklin to Roughead on 1st April would this count as part of trade or unlimited trades for round 1.  Here is their reply.

"In that instance, that trade would count as part of your unlimited trades for round 1."

So looks like any trades made in rolling lock out count as unlimited,

sweet. :)