Fear of two strikes

Started by grange76, February 06, 2013, 11:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grange76

Hi All,
With the recreational drug use revelations that players were given the 'not fit to play' decree by club doctors does anyone get a bit worried that your premium may get wiped outon strikes or perhaps miss a few weeks.

I am a little concerned with my Swan selection and also have some doubts over big lance. Not because of the contract thing but because the extended layoff last year mid season that seemed to drag on for extra weeks ( was it 7?)   The injury was not reported as being that bad and I recall that the doctors kept saying he was not fit to play. In light of the new revelations do we steer away from trouble or do we hold fast on our wayward premiums and hope that if one is rubbed out or not fit to play we have the 30 trades to take care of replacements

Thoughts?

quinny88

Dont think you can look to much into that. You would be missing out on some must have players throughout the year if you worried about this too much

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

I don't think thats something you can factor in. Just pick your team as you want and leave it to chance. If you suspected Ablett would you not pick him.....?? I mean... how many people really ever thought Hansie Cronje was match fixing. Unfortunately it could be someone with a cloud over them, then again it could come from left field.

tor01doc

I wonder if the players' lawyers are reading this!  :o

tbagrocks

Quote from: tor01doc on February 06, 2013, 11:57:56 PM
I wonder if the players' lawyers are reading this!  :o
Yeah well the players lawyers can eat my dust

batt

Far out, we need an AFL conspiracies thread.  There's been a lot of drama lately when you think about it.

SydneyRox

there were so many rumours last year about a few guys, this sort of revelation just clouds the water! no wonder people are speculating

blue

2012 soreness = resting a player
2013 soreness = drug taker

tor01doc

While we're off the topic of football, I read Ricky Nixon is found stand up... Don't get me tickets!  ::)

Grazz

I wouldnt worry myself to much about it, just pick your team and let the cards fall as they may. You'll only turn yourself grey worrying about this stuff. With the recent developements with Essendon and all the talk about the Pie's i think the majority of players would be thinking very seriously about their off field antics in 2013. Just pick your best team and roll with it.

Ricochet

Quote from: quinny88 on February 06, 2013, 11:43:32 PM
Dont think you can look to much into that. You would be missing out on some must have players throughout the year if you worried about this too much
Agree with quinny here, you can't really compensate for this. Plus with if it does happen a suspension will happen during the week so with 44 trades you can just straight swap premiums.

nas

Quote from: Ricochet on February 07, 2013, 04:04:02 AM
Agree with quinny here, you can't really compensate for this. Plus with if it does happen a suspension will happen during the week so with 44 trades you can just straight swap premiums.

30 in this comp, 44 in the other one.

Agree tho with your thoughts re trade them out IF it occurs.

Ricochet

Quote from: naste on February 07, 2013, 10:27:32 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on February 07, 2013, 04:04:02 AM

30 in this comp, 44 in the other one.

Agree tho with your thoughts re trade them out IF it occurs.
Ah yeh of course. My bad

gossiboy

One of my mates is good friends with Brock McLean's brother and apparently Juddy lost the captaincy because he's on two strikes.

I know it sounds dodgy but it's just what I heard.

Having said that I wouldn't let the chance of a player being on 2 strikes have any impact in deciding my team. For all we know swanny might not have any strikes. Reasonably sure the document leaked from Jeff Kennett a few years ago that had names of a few hawthorn players with drug strikes included Buddy and Luke Hodge though.