carlton midfield

Started by chief007, February 06, 2013, 10:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chief007

Just wondering what peoples thought are on the blues midfield this year. With Judd not at 100% you would think Murphy would take the number one tag, so at his good price he may not be that great of a pick as everyone thinks compared to other years where he hasn't got the tag. Might also be a chance for the likes of Simpson and co to step up a bit, any thoughts?

Jukes

Murphy will get the number 1 tag with and without Judd imo, will probably average at most about 107, more likely 105.

upthemaidens

He'll have the odd low score because of tagging, but is still gunna be 100+ player.
The bigger question mark for me is ; Whats going to be the impact of Malthouse on team structure and gameplan etc.

GraysFan

I have murphy as a lock at the moment. He is great value for money and has the tank/brain/skills to break a tag

m1tch robo

Murphy has been getting the number one tag for a while now being so polished and on the outside. My concern is more toward how inside he plays. With Brock McLean and Carrazo fit and firing he should stay somewhat outside but it is games when the aforementioned along with Judd missed that hurt Murphy's scoring because he was forced inside.

Murphy is currently battling with a couple of others for a spot in my starting lineup.

Keen to see how fit he is after an interrupted pre season and how he lines up under malt house.

He should still be good for at least a 105 average but is capable of stepping it up to a 110-115 IMO

chief007

for a few grand more jack redden could be worth a look at, or maby even paddy dangerfield, but i agree with you he should get above 100, will be interesting to see what malthouse dose for them

Ricochet

The impact of tagging at the highest level largely depends on a players team mates and how well they can protect each other around the ground and at stoppages. This is why the Pies midfield is so strong, with Pendles Swan and Beams rarely suffering from tags because both themselves and other team mates will block the tagger and get into him at any opportunity. Murphy is already an elite runner and an elite player. Carlton are also great at protecting the targeted player (usually Judd but Marc has also copped majority of the attention in recent years.)

Basically Marc is a gun and won't suffer badly from tags... he will go 110-115