Very high chance of a lot of similar teams

Started by strikes91, February 06, 2013, 10:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strikes91

just going through the most selected players i see that i have nearly the entire top 15 players picked by other players. this is kinda getting at me. making me want to change my team around once again. should i go off popular players like gibbs and try someone like a waters or hanley ?

upthemaidens

Well its abit like betting on the horses,, do you take the favourite and get less odds OR do you take a roughy and go for a bigger pay-out.
   Players are popular for a reason, personally I dont care what other teams look like. I select the best team I can and hope all goes well....
    ... Then again i've never won the 50k so maybe its the wrong strategy  :P

Peter

You also need to understand that with 2 trades per week, teams will change every week, thereby allowing for pod's

GoldDigger

Quote from: upthemaidens on February 06, 2013, 10:10:57 PM
    ... Then again i've never won the 50k so maybe its the wrong strategy  :P

You always rank highly - your day will come.

superspud

I have to disagree.  I think with the increased number of trades we will see more variability in starting sides this year than we have ever had.

Some will stick to their guns & rooks strategy, some will hope to cash in on undervalued players, then there are the midpricers that some will take a punt on with the insurance that the extra trades give them.....

I think the good players will have very similar finishing sides, but how we get there and how many points you rack up along the way will be quite varied IMO.

Ziplock

I think the top players will constantly be having fluid teams- you have these extra trades- if your team is set by round 14, why not sideways players who struggle against certain teams to players who have an easy run?

strikes91

Quote from: Ziplock on February 07, 2013, 01:32:06 PM
I think the top players will constantly be having fluid teams- you have these extra trades- if your team is set by round 14, why not sideways players who struggle against certain teams to players who have an easy run?

the unlimited trades went straight through me, I forgot about that. my thoughts have changed once again actually. really looking forward to sideways trading this season. should be fun

SydneyRox

Quote from: strikes91 on February 08, 2013, 01:05:47 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on February 07, 2013, 01:32:06 PM

the unlimited trades went straight through me, I forgot about that. my thoughts have changed once again actually. really looking forward to sideways trading this season. should be fun
thats the way, puton your stockbrokers hat!!