Main Menu

Not Good

Started by bowyanger, February 06, 2013, 06:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowyanger

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/afl-players-banned-from-matches-under-leagues-contentious-illicit-drugs-policy/story-e6frf9jf-1226571330136

So ...um ....dont get me wrong....I think Franklins a great player and love him in the wees & poohs...but the above article seriously makes me think all those rumours when he was out for weeks last year were true

AFL drugs policy is rediculous...this is embarressing...I find it outrageous that a club does not know if a player on their list has tested positive

Ziplock

I'm pretty sure he just hurt his hammy....

bowyanger

Quote from: Ziplock on February 06, 2013, 06:53:05 PM

You cant be sure unless your names LFranklin really....read the article properly and think about it. Remember all the crap that was going on around that time....yes it may have been a hammy at 1st

SydneyRox

It certainly raises some questions about who/when etc.

That guys have been withdrawn due to drugs is a massive story.

Grazz

What irks me more is the parents of these kids have a right to know immediately. As a parent thats how i feel. :(

Windigo

Hmm, What about with Shaw & Thomas last year? Missing games with "supposed injuries...."

SydneyRox

Quote from: Windigo on February 06, 2013, 07:04:11 PM
Hmm, What about with Shaw & Thomas last year? Missing games with "supposed injuries...."

Not that I want to Collingwood bash (much  :D ) but they were the club mentioned as having been approached by the AFL as possibly having a poor culture.... not surprising the other didn't get a mention.

Windigo

Well I kinda of knew that, out of all clubs. There are so many at Collingwood that look 'dodgy.'  :P

Capper

Quote from: Ziplock on February 06, 2013, 06:53:05 PM
arent you ment to wink after that  ;)

every club is clean ;) but yeh you have to wonder whether something a player is getting rested or has to rest to get it out of their system

bowyanger

Quote from: Windigo on February 06, 2013, 07:04:11 PM

Im pretty "Shaw" that was about saying bollox about the coach, not liking the coach, on field motions towards the coaches box etc.

Being little girls and not doing what the coach wanted...crying because Malthouse left

Capper

Im not sure that Beams missed a couple of games at the start of the season with a leg injury, i heard rumours that he missed for other reasons

Spite

Quote from: tabs on February 06, 2013, 07:43:41 PM
Im not sure that Beams missed a couple of games at the start of the season with a leg injury, i heard rumours that he missed for other reasons

...no, he hurt it and came back right at the end of the expected recovery time, didn't miss more weeks than it should have taken him

Nails

It's beginning to seem FanFooty has taken on the mentality, if you have tats and play in the AFL, you do/take performance enhancers.

Grazz

Quote from: Nails on February 06, 2013, 11:03:12 PM
It's beginning to seem FanFooty has taken on the mentality, if you have tats and play in the AFL, you do/take performance enhancers.

I have Tatts and im clean.  ??? Just dont ask caroline Wilson :P

Ziplock

Quote from: Grazz on February 07, 2013, 12:57:43 AM
Quote from: Nails on February 06, 2013, 11:03:12 PM

I have Tatts and im clean.  ??? Just dont ask caroline Wilson :P

haha, I've seen that as well.

Why don't we judge people by their actions, not their appearances?

dangerfield always seemed like a right cow to me. I reckon he does drugs.