Mid Priced Ruck

Started by turry17, February 06, 2013, 05:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turry17

Could a duel mid priced ruck combination work? Luenburger and a Vardy/Pederson starting up? What do you guys think or is it to much risk?

LF

Probably too risky I mean look at what happened last season the rucks just kept going down with injuries and you are looking at having Luey and Vardy 2 of the players that had pretty big injuries last season.

turry17

Quote from: luvfooty on February 06, 2013, 05:52:17 PM
Probably too risky I mean look at what happened last season the rucks just kept going down with injuries and you are looking at having Luey and Vardy 2 of the players that had pretty big injuries last season.
Agreed is very risky but just wanted to see what others thought. Was thinking of going Pederson/luey

Chelskiman

Yeah, a bit too risky.  A common combo is Goldy and Berger, and even that's too risky.  Goldy isn't really a mid-pricer, but he's not really premium priced either.  I did have the Goldy/Berger combo for a while but I played around a bit and now have Cox/Berger.

Spite

Quote from: turry17 on February 06, 2013, 05:57:41 PM
Agreed is very risky but just wanted to see what others thought. Was thinking of going Pederson/luey

It will work if you have cox in your forwards just in case. Have seen some very good teams going around with this combo

Ricochet

Quote from: Spite on February 06, 2013, 07:50:22 PM
Quote from: turry17 on February 06, 2013, 05:57:41 PM

It will work if you have cox in your forwards just in case. Have seen some very good teams going around with this combo
Yep exactly, then if it doesn't work you can just bring cox into your rucks

T Dog

Actually I feel Berger at R2 is the risk not the premo selected as R1. Its just his price v/s potential that has him so popular..if he doesnt fire from game 1 most teams will be in the same boat witout much support or options at R3....

Chelskiman

Quote from: T Dog on February 06, 2013, 09:45:33 PM
Actually I feel Berger at R2 is the risk not the premo selected as R1. Its just his price v/s potential that has him so popular..if he doesnt fire from game 1 most teams will be in the same boat witout much support or options at R3....

The more I think about it the more I want Cox in my forward line with a rookie ruck dpp so I can quickly move Cox to the rucks if Berger goes down.  If Berger doesn't go down then I'd still be happy with Cox as my F1 anyway.  Hmm...

Barra17

If you do that then you will be losing a FWD line player then I guess you have to hope that you have one of your benches are playing. If not then it is a trade that you have to make anyway.

Jukes

Cox will average low to mid 90s. Whatever r/f link you have won't play the 3 games required for any kind of a price increase (at this stage). Not worth wasting two positions in your side for 1 dpp link that a trade would fix whatever your problem is.

13Brummy

I definitely would have a premium to pair with leuey.  2 midpricers are too risky.

Chelskiman

Quote from: Barra on February 06, 2013, 10:02:16 PM
If you do that then you will be losing a FWD line player then I guess you have to hope that you have one of your benches are playing. If not then it is a trade that you have to make anyway.

Yeah, I just had a play around then as if Berger got injured and whilst I'd have two premium ruckmen I would only have three premium forwards (assuming Berger went down early).

T Dog

Quote from: Jukes on February 06, 2013, 10:06:28 PM
Cox will average low to mid 90s. Whatever r/f link you have won't play the 3 games required for any kind of a price increase (at this stage). Not worth wasting two positions in your side for 1 dpp link that a trade would fix whatever your problem is.
The bigger punt is do you risk not having Berger for the 1st 2 rounds or whenever his bubble will be. Of course picking the right one is tricky

GraysFan

Would be risky, but i read somewhere that Gorringe was training well and he's only 129K.. I think its a risk and personally wouldnt do it unless i had cox in the forward line as well for the dpp link if it doesnt pay off

Hagebear

Yeh too risky. Luey is still an unknown quantity after his injuries.