Sylvia v Lecras

Started by turry17, February 06, 2013, 12:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turry17

Who do you think is the better pick out of these two? Both underpriced just can't decide who

Jukes

Sylvia will average a lot more, like 10 more. Unless you need that 40k, definitely go Sylvia.

turry17

Quote from: Jukes on February 06, 2013, 12:08:18 PM
Sylvia will average a lot more, like 10 more. Unless you need that 40k, definitely go Sylvia.
Cheers for that, the 40k might be used to squeeze in a mid pricer in my defence but could probably do without that

Windigo

Sylvia is 100 K cheaper than what he is capable of, been in the the rehab group, but only minor I think.  ;)

GM

Quote from: Windigo on February 06, 2013, 12:38:54 PM
Sylvia is 100 K cheaper than what he is capable of, been in the the rehab group, but only minor I think.  ;)
So Windi would Knights be better value at his price than Sylvia?

Kellogscrunchynut

Sylvia easily I can't see Lecras averaging more than 80, whereas Sylvia has in the past averaged over 90 and has a huge ceiling.

Ricochet

Sylvia has the ability to go 95 over the early rounds. Lecca has never been a high DT scorer. Has to be Sylvia easily imo

Windigo

Quote from: greenmoon on February 06, 2013, 12:41:31 PM
Quote from: Windigo on February 06, 2013, 12:38:54 PM
So Windi would Knights be better value at his price than Sylvia?

That's a toughie, I have both. Both are much maligned players...I'd go Sylva just because he will more than likely average 90+ and it would take a huge effort for Knights to get that or even 85+.....

Go both.  :P

timmyparso

Quote from: Ricochet on February 06, 2013, 12:55:51 PM
Sylvia has the ability to go 95 over the early rounds. Lecca has never been a high DT scorer. Has to be Sylvia easily imo

Round 16 2010 LeCras scored 12 goals 2 with 176 DT points!!!! Food for thought  ;)

Chelskiman

Quote from: timmyparso on February 06, 2013, 02:24:56 PM

Round 16 2010 LeCras scored 12 goals 2 with 176 DT points!!!! Food for thought  ;)

JRoo has also pumped out a 150 before, would you call him a high scorer?

Windigo

..Kyle Reimers.  ;D

Lecras 'can' go big, but how many times do you see him kicking 12 goals in a game?

LF

I'm going with LeCras for now pending NAB cup
I've read an article about him and Hill rotating though the midfield.
I'm really interested to see how Woosha structures the Eagles this year with all the boys who are coming back from injuries.

Ricochet

Quote from: timmyparso on February 06, 2013, 02:24:56 PM

haha yeh and averaged 76 for the year  :P

Ziplock

Sylvia destroys Lecras. Lecras has had one season with a decent average, and is coming off a serious injury. Sylvia has had multiple seasons with a premium average, and is discounted since he had no preseason last year, due to him literally breaking his back... he averaged clear over 90 after his bye from memory.

elephants

Despite the extended preseason of Lecca I think he will take a little bit to work his way into the season. Culd be a cheeky upgrade target as you F7 late in the year ;)