Byrnes v Siposd

Started by The F.A.R.K., February 06, 2013, 03:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The F.A.R.K.

What are your guys thoughts

I reckon Siposs has potential to ave 85-90 but doesnt have js of byrnes

Byrnes is also 100k cheaper

Jukes

I reckon over the course of the season Byrnes will average a bit more, but Sipposs has a very nice start (GC, Richmond, GWS) and should put on a load of money early and then be straight-swapped to an under-performing premium.

I'm 50/50 between them which is better, leaning towards Byrnes, not going with either though. 5 premo and 3 rook forward line.

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Jukes on February 06, 2013, 03:20:04 AM
I reckon over the course of the season Byrnes will average a bit more, but Sipposs has a very nice start (GC, Richmond, GWS) and should put on a load of money early and then be straight-swapped to an under-performing premium.

I'm 50/50 between them which is better, leaning towards Byrnes, not going with either though. 5 premo and 3 rook forward line.

Okay youve just locked siposs in. By round 6/7 siposs will be straight swap if not downgrade to daisy who will be back from injury

elephants

Expect some early vests from Daisy too so he should be nice a juicy at ~380k

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: elephants on February 06, 2013, 03:40:13 AM
Expect some early vests from Daisy too so he should be nice a juicy at ~380k

Yeah reckon round 6-8 siposs will be more expensive than daisy

tbagrocks

Nope! But if after two great rounds either score like a star then maybe a trade before round three, even round four if it warrents

You'd be crazy to start either unless you know how well they're going and wand to back your judgement

elephants

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 06, 2013, 03:43:39 AM
Nope! But if after two great rounds either score like a star then maybe a trade before round three, even round four if it warrents

You'd be crazy to start either unless you know how well they're going and wand to back your judgement

Not starting Byrnes mate? He's one of the more popular mid-prce fwds so its not unreasonable ;)

tbagrocks

Quote from: elephants on February 06, 2013, 03:44:53 AM

Not starting Byrnes mate? He's one of the more popular mid-prce fwds so its not unreasonable ;)
Unlike Abramovich I know when a player might be passed it :o

The F.A.R.K.

I reckon Byrnes will be an Andy Krakouer revive your career sorta story at melb but his rollercoaster scores means he isnt a keeper. Byrnes has stepped up and is mentoring younger players and has fitted in really well

elephants

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 06, 2013, 03:50:41 AM

Lamps is far from past it mate ;)

Adamant

Byrnes for sure.

Much cheaper and will probably average more.

tbagrocks

Quote from: elephants on February 06, 2013, 03:53:56 AM

Yeah but the difference is everyone in the Universe wants to keep the one the only the great Frank Lampard, but he wasn't bought in so he doesn't count

Think Shevchenko, Ballack, Veron, Torres, Makelele, Anelka, Crespo, all these guys in their prime would be great ;D but ...  ???

Anyway i'm not starting Byrens

Presto

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on February 06, 2013, 03:52:06 AM

I reckon Byrnes will be an Andy Krakouer revive your career sorta story at melb but his rollercoaster scores means he isnt a keeper. Byrnes has stepped up and is mentoring younger players and has fitted in really well
Siposs, provided that he can stay away from the vest: if you take away the 4 games where he was a sub, he scored an average of 80, with two centuries and he is only 20.
Byrnes as someone said he is past it, mentoring young players does not score DT points.

elephants

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 06, 2013, 04:32:28 AM
Quote from: elephants on February 06, 2013, 03:53:56 AM

Yeah but the difference is everyone in the Universe wants to keep the one the only the great Frank Lampard, but he wasn't bought in so he doesn't count

Think Shevchenko, Ballack, Veron, Torres, Makelele, Anelka, Crespo, all these guys in their prime would be great ;D but ...  ???

Anyway i'm not starting Byrens

Okay, I'm with ya on the CFC bit. Can't say I'm off Byrnes... Yet ;)

Hagebear

Siposs looks the goods but is still very unproven. The fact that Byrnes has such good JS and is 100k cheaper makes it hard to go past him.