HOT DEMAND: Bye Strategy Planner

Started by Sparxx, February 06, 2013, 01:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparxx

Last year someone posted an MS Excel download that had a huge database of every player in SC, their price, fixtures and when each players bye rounds were. You were able to plan your byes and see how many players would have a bye for each week, thus allowing you to plan around it all.

I was just wondering if anyone knows the creator of this fantastic, magical, mystical excel spreadsheet and whether it will re-appear in 2013. I have barely taken into account the byes when making my team so far.

SydneyRox

byes not as much of an issue this year. dont have more than 3 players from one team per line and you should be fine

Colliwobblers

i had a bye planner and a bye strategy thread up with excel spread sheet up, others did too.

but the coolest and easiest thing was a little app you downloaded from bigfooy which is an overlay for DT and SC and it shades each bye round player a different colour.

makes it easy to look at your SC/DT team and see right there on the site when looking at your team who is on which bye.

check out bigfooty it should be there again this season. cool little tool. that doesn't sound good i know but it is

GoldDigger

footynerd done it. Site not up for this year yet.

Ringo

This year byes will not be the issue it was last year with only the best 18 scores from 22 players on the field to count for the 3 rounds.

So basically you just need to ensure each week you have as many prems as possible as part of those 18. Should not be any donuts through this period if you work it.

Looking at the teams with byes Round 12 will not be too much of a problem Round 11 may be a problem with fwds but the big problem will be Round 13 bye in mids and defenders. 

Colliwobblers

nostradamus

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 07, 2013, 09:55:13 AM
Quote from: GoldDigger on February 06, 2013, 04:06:51 AM
footynerd done it. Site not up for this year yet.

my bad it was too.

yeah l had that too, made things very simple

......having said that my byes were still a disaster  :P

Benus

Quote from: Sparxx on February 06, 2013, 01:27:59 AM
Last year someone posted an MS Excel download that had a huge database of every player in SC, their price, fixtures and when each players bye rounds were. You were able to plan your byes and see how many players would have a bye for each week, thus allowing you to plan around it all.

I was just wondering if anyone knows the creator of this fantastic, magical, mystical excel spreadsheet and whether it will re-appear in 2013. I have barely taken into account the byes when making my team so far.
I'm new to the forums here and not 100% sure if this is the same one as you may have used last year, but if you plug your team into this spreadsheet it does pretty much all you asked for: http://www.jockreynolds.com.au/2013/01/07/2013-supercoach-team-analysis-tool/

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Benus on February 09, 2013, 12:46:44 PM

I'm new to the forums here and not 100% sure if this is the same one as you may have used last year, but if you plug your team into this spreadsheet it does pretty much all you asked for: http://www.jockreynolds.com.au/2013/01/07/2013-supercoach-team-analysis-tool/

Thats GOLD Benus, thanks mate, does he have one for DT ?

Benus

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 09, 2013, 10:48:32 PM

You're welcome mate, it's an absolute gem. Unfortunately I don't think he does, but I'm doing DT for the first time this year and just plugged my team into that anyway to see how many players I'd have out in the byes. I guess it's still useful for DT in that sense, plus it lets you go over budget (which is a real possibility seeing as it's based on SC prices) so you can plug your full team in regardless.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Benus on February 10, 2013, 10:16:49 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 09, 2013, 10:48:32 PM

You're welcome mate, it's an absolute gem. Unfortunately I don't think he does, but I'm doing DT for the first time this year and just plugged my team into that anyway to see how many players I'd have out in the byes. I guess it's still useful for DT in that sense, plus it lets you go over budget (which is a real possibility seeing as it's based on SC prices) so you can plug your full team in regardless.

great thanks Benus "cheer" :)