Big Benny Mcevoy

Started by Jay, February 05, 2013, 07:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Why havent I seen this guy in many teams?

Goldy + Leuey is too boring for me. I consider Leuey a must have though which means Goldy has gotta go. Tossed up Sammy Jacobs but feel his Crow mates may steal points off him.

Mcevoy is an SC beast and is arguably the Saints most important player. I can see him pushing 110 as he enters his prime.

Thoughts?

colmullet

i agree, i just got rid of Goldy myself for him, totally forgot about him to be honest but saw him today and though yup, hes my man for this year i think

Nige

I'm quite happy with my Goldy/Leuey combo at the moment, but if something goes wrong with either of them, Big Ben's coming in.  :)

Capper

Jay

Quote from: NigeyS on February 05, 2013, 07:42:54 PM
I'm quite happy with my Goldy/Leuey combo at the moment, but if something goes wrong with either of them, Big Ben's coming in.  :)
BORING ;) Thought you were more edgy than that Nigeybro

Nige

Quote from: Jayman on February 05, 2013, 07:45:59 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on February 05, 2013, 07:42:54 PM
BORING ;) Thought you were more edgy than that Nigeybro
I'll tell you what's boring? My day thus far and sitting on chat alone or while it's dead...

But yeah, I do edgy, just not with my starting rucks.  ;)

tbagrocks

I think a struggling St Kilda will effect his scores, I really like him for DT but not sure on the SC output based on the Saints struggling

bowyanger

Im staying right away from Luey...the bloke isnt even in full training yet and has missed a truckload of footy....he is an average player at best...had 1 little puprle patch and is still 300K..I dont get all the hype at all. Will he even play rd 1? Vest candidate?...ruckmen have to be super fit..I guess he may sit in the Fwd Pocket

Goldy has the draw from hell

Im goin McEvoy...training the house down = getting to much more contests than Luey will & a lot more 2nd efforts...I cant see how a struggling Saints will affect his scores.....see IMaric circa rds 1 - 10, 2012

&

Jacobs who is entering the prime of his career + Crows soft draw...home ground advantage , mids that will get more used to his rucking this year again

Capper

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 05, 2013, 07:57:33 PM
I think a struggling St Kilda will effect his scores, I really like him for DT but not sure on the SC output based on the Saints struggling
They start the season against the Suns, Tigers and Giants. If he doesnt do well in those games i will happily trade him out (and will probably do that any way #tradestoburn)

Mykonos FC

Saints finishing 9th with a % of 120 odd isn't what I would call struggling.
I like him plus he is a great POD, has averaged over 100 the last 2 seasons and I think will improve again in 2013

Pkbaldy

I've got him :D He isn't moving! Unless he gets injured in the NAB Cup. He will be a beast this year!

batt

I understand Goldy/Luey is so boring but I don't think it's worth spending 60k just to be unique.  Goldy is as safe a bet as Big Ben so why not just go with the cheaper option in order to reduce a risky pick somewhere else?

However, if you want to be bold for the sake of hoping Goldy gets injured and you think that bet is worth the extra money I can totally understand.

quinny88

Had him in the back half of last year and he was great. Solid choice as are a number of other players. Goldy/Luey combo is so popular because they are both so cheap

tbagrocks

Quote from: quinny88 on February 05, 2013, 09:50:58 PM
Had him in the back half of last year and he was great. Solid choice as are a number of other players. Goldy/Luey combo is so popular because they are both so cheap
That's the delema though yes we have more trades and i'm looking at using some strategically, but is the ruck the place to use it? Unless we see one or both becoming keepers they need to be traded hence the dilema, really though without forking huge cash there's not much option, i'm hoping Ryder stays fit, he could score 110 while being 50k cheaper than a Maric or Sandi

My SC rucks are causing me the most headaches, Cox has to start forward to take advantage of having a second high scoring rick at R1

Does anyone think the Sauce can improve his output? I'm worried about to many high scoring team mates

Jay

Thinking about a bit of a cheaper unique option

Thoughts on Kreuzer or Mumford?