Essendon drug investigation

Started by cortez, February 05, 2013, 06:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cortez

After the news of the supplement use by essendon and that there will be an investigation into it should we be staying away from essendon players who were on there list last year incase of suspension ofggetting the sack?

cortez

200 views and no replies, gotta love it

meow meow

They'll just cop a fine. They can't sack an entire team.

batt

None of the players are in danger because apparently it is the responsibility of the club to follow protocol.  They could be pretty huge fines, but mostly towards the club not the players.

Ringo

also this thread in the Essendon Boards

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,71434.0.html

Agree Meow a Team fine if proven guilty will follow with interest.

Ziplock

loss of premiership points + draft picks.

shorty3264

Quote from: Ziplock on February 05, 2013, 11:59:48 PM
loss of premiership points + draft picks.
Exactly right, this could be potentially big, Geelong also involved just woth Bomber and Robinson who were involved at Geelong. But the cats have said a statement that they have nothing to hide.

cortez

It's not good, also its WADA and USADA who will hand out tbe penalties not the AFL ans they dont care how Many players theysuspend or if they can field a team this year.

cortez

And back to my original question will this put you off getting essendon players this year that were on there list last year or even players like monfries who were there last year?

T Dog

Goddard and Bellchambers concern me the most

cortez

Why Goddard? He wasn't there last year? And I've got Jobs and Ryder on atm, should I leave them in or change them to another prem mid and forward?

T Dog

He has been training with Essendon...who knows what supplement regime they put him on. I am sure any intake will mean he is caught up in this mess with the others. Wait to see what shakes out over the pre season before drastic changes to your team cortez. Nothing has been announced officially yet.

GCSkiwi

I suspect Goddard is safe, definitely one to watch though. And players could absolutely be suspended, I'm not sure where this idea has come from that it will be levied against the club. I don't necessarily agree, I mean let's be honest, players aren't the brightest and that's why support staff are there. Players should be able to trust them. But at the same time, you're being taken away and injected with something, surely that concerns you as an athlete? You can't be that oblivious. At the end of the day, in the eyes of WADA/ASADA, the players are responsible.

Rusty00

Goddard is definitely safe because the "performance scientist" at the centre of the investigation left the club late last year.