Shaun Atley and Chris Yarran

Started by Mondoftw, February 05, 2013, 05:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mondoftw

The communities thoughts on these 2 guys? Will definitely pick one of them. Not sure whether to pick both or not....

brownmans muffins

I'm going Yarran - I don't know a stack about Atley but definitely looks like a lot of hype.

Yarran did give me the shts a bit last year in both SC formats with his inconsistency.

My theory is he could be a solid just-sub-100 average and is priced for value because of some injuries and a multitude of vests.

I also remember him tearing the Lions apart early in the season looking like a Buddy but in defence - so that's a good enough tie-breaker for me.

ando_10

i reckon atley seems as if he is ready to explode. going to get a fair bit of midfield time from what ive heard.

theta

Quote from: ando_10 on February 05, 2013, 07:53:43 PM
i reckon atley seems as if he is ready to explode. going to get a fair bit of midfield time from what ive heard.
Source?

quinny88

Yaz will kill it if Malthouse plays him correctly

caluuum

I'm seriously considering Atley, he's been training with the midfielders as well which is a good sign for him

ando_10

Quote from: theta on February 05, 2013, 09:38:30 PM
Quote from: ando_10 on February 05, 2013, 07:53:43 PM
Source?

Saturdays herald  sun there was a little bit in there about it a few north supporter mates of mine will post if I find a  link

bottlemart

Atley was used to run the ball out of defence last year and became one of north's most important players with his pace and run. 

I read a while ago that North were now going to play him in the midfield this year. 

Source was NMFC website, the article was a while ago from memory, and i also read in the Herald Sun last Saturday.

Would be the quickest player on Norths list and one of the quickest in the AFL, was in the top bracket in the GF sprint final, which paddy dangerfield won.

3rd year player now, was potential top 10, would have been taken at number 8 national draft by essendon, but when WCE passed on heppel at #4, essendon took him at #8, and Atley was pushed back to pick 17.

Atley is in my line up at the moment, and i'm trying to find a place for Yarran aswell.   

monga77

Currently tossing up between these two boys as well...
Are they good enough to be my starting D4 in round 1????

batt

Quote from: monga77 on February 07, 2013, 01:20:26 AM
Probably not unless you have 5 premium mids.  Most people will be looking to start them at D5.

monga77

Quote from: batt on February 07, 2013, 01:37:56 AM
Quote from: monga77 on February 07, 2013, 01:20:26 AM
Probably not unless you have 5 premium mids.  Most people will be looking to start them at D5.
Hmm... Got shuey as my 5th premo... Struggling to squeeze one in

Ricochet

Hadn't really considered either. Yarran looks a bit too inconsistent for me but he could easily go 100 under Mick imo.
Was one of the more prominent players in today Intra Club

SydneyRox

i may find room  for yarran but atley hasnt done enough yet to warrant selection