Previous topic - Next topic

Which One?

Grimes
27 (64.3%)
Stanley
15 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Grazz

That and the 68k we save. Broughton is still a gamble imo, round 1 and 2 will decide wether Broughton is a goer or not tbh. Im still not entirely convinced as like you and many others probably have been burnt alot but the new club has thrown him a lifeline again for me. Will have to wait and see before i can say locked and mean it. If i could find the 68k id be alot more confident starting Stanley over him right now.

tbagrocks

Stanley played 13 games which to me makes the decision obvious

Is Stanley even in the best 22?

Who was it that said Grimes could be Melbourne's best? He's right up there in that regard and I have no problem with a D3 of Jack Grimes, maybe Trengove, Jones and Toumpas (that's right) are slightly better but Grimes is a gun imo

essendon2

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 05, 2013, 09:51:28 PM

Who was it that said Grimes could be Melbourne's best? He's right up there in that regard and I have no problem with a D3 of Jack Grimes, maybe Trengove, Jones and Toumpas (that's right) are slightly better but Grimes is a gun imo
is Stanley even in the best 22?

hahah are you flowered in the head?  :o ;)

tbagrocks

Hey man that's harsh, he played 13 games last year

I know Essendon supporters are deluded (sorry Sid) but why would you say that?

It's a simply question, how can you compare a 13 game player to a 21 game star?

Am I missing something? This is a forum where we discuss and learn about football players from others more informed, so was Stanley injured? Is that why he missed 9 games?

Windigo

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 05, 2013, 09:51:28 PM

Quote"Stanley made a fantastic start to his second-career on the Gold Coast as he went onto play a full 22-game season in 2012. Due to a club-imposed suspension his season however, his second didn’t get off to the start he would’ve wanted. He did manage to force his way back into the senior side and play 13 games to finish 3rd in the club’s Best & Fairest though, which speaks volumes for his character."

Adamant

Great write up Windi, but I wish you kept quiet about Danny. He was one of my sneaky uniques. :(

elephants

Love Danny but there seems to be a big move for Hanley.

Where would you put him compared to these fellas Windy?

nrich102

Hanley over them both, but Danny out of those 2

GM

Jay

I'd take grimes out of those 2 - more room to improve

Windigo

Rather Stanley, the discrepancy between his best and worst is huge.

Plenty of options like Heppell, Hanley, Broughton, Birchall, Duff, Hartlett.

Too much 'what ifs' with a lot of the above.

I'm locking in Gibbs & Godd. Stanley's stats are tremendous.

- Taking out Deledio, he was the 3rd highest averaging defender last year and is consistent as. Touted to play pure mid just about next year, room for improvement is huge IMO.

Lead the Suns in marks per game, despite missing half the season. Second behind only GAJ in disposals per game at 24.

In 13 games got between 19-30 touches every game. I cannot fault him will be picking with more confidence than I would with Grimes. 

Quote from: Adamant on February 08, 2013, 12:11:48 AM
Great write up Windi, but I wish you kept quiet about Danny. He was one of my sneaky uniques. :(

Pretty sure you gave him the flick a while ago?  ???  :P

Adamant

Colliwobblers

Reckon I'm going to get on stanley for my DT D3 of 3 premiums.

was getting broughton - easy draw backline to himself with bock to do the hard work when he is back.

but this guy Stanley has snuck up on me and while he comes at a price, his draw is a cakewalk and he seems to have the goods to me.

Grimes is Grimes, think he is in for a big one too but I think I will upgrade to him incase of a slow start and to ensure he survives his first few rounds ( not injury prone now fair to say) but he is still a JSelwood like crash test dummy. Prone to knock himself out

powersuperkents

Stanley for more consistency, Grimes for consistency with a high ceiling