Main Menu

Cooney

Started by trjd81, February 05, 2013, 12:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trjd81

Anyone else considering him? Cheap and apparently having a good pre-season. Would be a very interesting POD.

meow meow

As soon as his knee starts to get sore he'll be wearing green or getting a rest. Pretty expensive for such a big injury risk.

Although, the last (and only) time he did a full preseason he won the Brownlow.

trjd81

I think we can afford to be a bit more daring this year with selections because of the trading rules. Showed good signs at the end of last year.

upthemaidens

Quote from: trjd81 on February 05, 2013, 12:17:52 AM
Anyone else considering him? Cheap and apparently having a good pre-season. Would be a very interesting POD.
If you make him Captain, its like you have two of him...

henry

I was considering him earlier as a POD but have gone off him. He will often be tagged (as well as griffen) if he gets into any sort of form and it is almost inevitable he will have knee problems throughout the season which is a real shame for a player of his skill.  Even when he won the brownlow he only averaged 90, which would be an absolute best case scenario this year. He is priced at 400k which makes him really a nothing pick, 100k off a premo and also mid pricers such as ball and embley. Not for me.

Adamant

Quote from: henry on February 05, 2013, 12:39:31 AM
I was considering him earlier as a POD but have gone off him. He will often be tagged (as well as griffen) if he gets into any sort of form and it is almost inevitable he will have knee problems throughout the season which is a real shame for a player of his skill.  Even when he won the brownlow he only averaged 90, which would be an absolute best case scenario this year. He is priced at 400k which makes him really a nothing pick, 100k off a premo and also mid pricers such as ball and embley. Not for me.

Well said Henry.

If you're looking for a guy in that sort of price range, go with Fyfe for an extra 45k, otherwise Ball and Embley will average more and are over 100k cheaper...

SydneyRox

word is that cooney is flying, would be a massive POD. if his knee holds up there is no reason he wont score well.

Artax

Ricochet

Quote from: trjd81 on February 05, 2013, 12:25:32 AM
I think we can afford to be a bit more daring this year with selections because of the trading rules. Showed good signs at the end of last year.
Yeh but how much will a 10 or 20 injury score cost you. Definitely not worth the risk