Hartlett picks Hartlett

Started by Insider out, February 05, 2013, 12:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Port boys... Obviously he played more across half back last year. Can you see him moving back into a permanent midfield role?

Chelskiman

Quote from: mezzoculo on February 05, 2013, 12:17:19 PM
Quote from: Chelskiman on February 05, 2013, 12:15:33 PM
Quote from: Jukes on February 05, 2013, 01:41:24 AM
HH won't be top 6 backs. Anybody want to bet on that?

That 6th def spot is up for grabs.  You would think the following would be in the top 5 - Goddard, Gibbs, Grimes, Heppell and Birch.  The likes of Duffman, Broughton and Hartlett + a random person who has a breakout year would all be fighting for that 6th spot.
How quickly we forget about elBeau Waters...

Quote from: Adamant on February 05, 2013, 12:17:42 PM
Quote from: Chelskiman on February 05, 2013, 12:15:33 PM
Quote from: Jukes on February 05, 2013, 01:41:24 AM
HH won't be top 6 backs. Anybody want to bet on that?

That 6th def spot is up for grabs.  You would think the following would be in the top 5 - Goddard, Gibbs, Grimes, Heppell and Birch.  The likes of Duffman, Broughton and Hartlett + a random person who has a breakout year would all be fighting for that 6th spot.

Danny Stanley? Scotland?

Yes, those guys too.  I only did this quickly off the top of my head. :(  I think you have reinforced my point though.  It's going to be hard for Hartlett to break into the top 6 defenders.

Noz

Quote from: Ricochet on February 05, 2013, 12:22:13 PM
Port boys... Obviously he played more across half back last year. Can you see him moving back into a permanent midfield role?
I feel he will start the season of in the mid but will drift back as soon as the likes of Wines and Wingard get more comfortable in the midfield.

Ricochet

Quote from: Noz on February 05, 2013, 04:04:15 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on February 05, 2013, 12:22:13 PM
I feel he will start the season of in the mid but will drift back as soon as the likes of Wines and Wingard get more comfortable in the midfield.
Ok, thats what i was worried about. Thanks mate

tbagrocks

With Jacobs and Pearce leaving he could be stuck there! Should still get the ball but reduce his chances of 100 but Waters did it once fit so...

bowyanger

I have now doubt Hartlett would pick himself
He is that kind of footballer...not short on confidence and definately not shy

PowerMan

He also said he'll be playing more in the midfield, which is the most important thing here. Get on!

Chelskiman

Quote from: PowerMan on February 05, 2013, 06:40:07 PM
He also said he'll be playing more in the midfield, which is the most important thing here. Get on!

Every man and his dog says he'll be playing in the midfield more.  You can't really trust his word, especially this early, you have to see it for yourself.