Main Menu

BUDDY, to the crows?????

Started by Hagebear, February 04, 2013, 07:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hagebear

Ok do going to start this topic early. Has put off contract talks until the end of the year do us a big chance to head elsewhere for 2014. Adelaide have already put their hat in the ring. Imagine the crows emerging list plus Buddy and Tex up forward??

tbagrocks

I can see Tex shouting "Get out of my ***** way" :P

Reported to be about 1.2 mil a year, unlikely and it would be pretty much double what anyone else will be on, but i'm sure they will make the play if he doesn't sign

Rowey said Port Adelaide :o

Ziplock

don't see it happening.

You need to use 92.5% of your cap, meaning that the minimum amount of money the crows can currently have tied up in contracts is 8.45 million, meaning they can only have about 690k free atm... that won't be nearly enough to make someone live in adelaide. Who might retire? Johncock probably will... that'd be about it though?

unless you've had some seriously front loaded contracts, I can't see how you could have the money to play for franklin.

anchorman

Fremantle offered him close to that at the end of last season.
I know it doesn't count for much,but being a West Aussie boy, I would imagine if he was goin  to leave the Hawks, it wouldn't be to go to SA.

tbagrocks

Quote from: anchorman on February 04, 2013, 07:59:26 PM
Fremantle offered him close to that at the end of last season.
I know it doesn't count for much,but being a West Aussie boy, I would imagine if he was goin  to leave the Hawks, it wouldn't be to go to SA.
Tippett said he was going home too ;) money talks!

Grazz

I think if he does leave it will be home to WA. Fremantle were quick to shut the talk down last year regarding buddy so this makes suspicious haha, id have Freo at the top of my list.

Hagebear

Yeh I guess. Probably a bit of wishful thinking on my behalf. Although I think Adelaide will have for of a chance of winning a flag then Fremantle does, but in saying that if u wanted to win a flag why would u leave Hawthorn?? This smells a lot of Kurt Tippett if u ask me.

anchorman

If I was a betting man,I know I wouldn't be throwing my money on his new home,if he decides to move,i wouldn't spend it on backing SA ;D

tbagrocks

Quote from: anchorman on February 04, 2013, 08:11:02 PM
If I was a betting man,I know I wouldn't be throwing my money on his new home,if he decides to move,i wouldn't spend it on backing SA ;D
Great just what we need, another one bashing SA for no reason at all!

Capper

Well this starts to make some sense now.

Am i right in saying that Buddy has put his contract negotiations on hold until the end of the season when the Crows get their "Tippettgate" deal makers back from suspension??

Grazz

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 04, 2013, 08:13:47 PM
Quote from: anchorman on February 04, 2013, 08:11:02 PM
Great just what we need, another one bashing SA for no reason at all!

Its only an opinion mate, dont really see him bashing us with it.

anchorman

Not bashing you,just stating the bleeding obvious.
Touchy touchy. ;)
And I thought it was only us West Aussies who had the inferiority complex.

tbagrocks

Quote from: tabs on February 04, 2013, 08:15:35 PM

Am i right in saying that Buddy has put his contract negotiations on hold until the end of the season when the Crows get their "Tippettgate" deal makers back from suspension??
Oh dear, another salary cap rort to fit in Buddy, guess we will lose more draft picks and Trigg will get another 6 month holiday, but after we win the flag ;D

Capper

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 04, 2013, 08:23:07 PM
Quote from: tabs on February 04, 2013, 08:15:35 PM

Oh dear, another salary cap rort to fit in Buddy, guess we will lose more draft picks and Trigg will get another 6 month holiday, but after we win the flag ;D
atleast you get a flag ;) mind you all that rorting didnt help Carlton or Melbourne

Toga

I would find that very unlikely. ::)