Master Q's Analyser 2013 (V1)

Started by Master Q, February 04, 2013, 07:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

The mid-priced forward dilemma... I want to pick two out of these options (I'll exclude Byrnes seeing as you're off him - but he is the cheapest!):

Bock, Kennedy, Knights, Varcoe

Also, do you think it's good strategy going with 2 mid-pricers in the forward line? And do Bock's and Varcoe's dual position increase their value seeing as you can use them to swap between lines when trading?

Cheers.

LF

I would exclude Bock he won't play the first few rounds.

Andrew

Quote from: luvfooty on February 09, 2013, 05:22:51 PM
I would exclude Bock he won't play the first few rounds.

Really? I thought he was already back to full training..?

LF

Master Q

Quote from: chenga on February 09, 2013, 01:23:07 AM
boyd vs watson vs scotty t
*sigh, tough question! Thanks for it anyway.

Staight away I'd say no to Watson. Great player but not when it comes to DT. I feel that Boyd and Scotty T won't perform as well as they did last year, but if I had to pick one I'd go with Boyd. He was more reliable last year.

So out of those guys, Boyd - but I'd much rather someone like Beams or Murphy (assuming you don't have them)  :)

Master Q

Quote from: Noz on February 09, 2013, 03:44:35 PM
What do you think your chances are of Heppell making his 89 round 1 B/E against Adelaide

Also Franklins chance of making his 105 B/E against Geelong a team he only averages 89 against in 11 games but without Scarlet he could explode.

Leading me to two questions

Heppell (Current D3) V Stanley (New D2) V Birchall (D3)

Franklin (Current F1) V Zorko (F3) V Robinson (F4)
Heppell chances of scoring about 89 I'd say is 60/40.

I'm not starting with Franklin. Don't see him scoring well early.

For your last two questions, is it which one to pick? Sorry, I'm a little confused.

Master Q

Quote from: Andrew on February 09, 2013, 05:11:54 PM
The mid-priced forward dilemma... I want to pick two out of these options (I'll exclude Byrnes seeing as you're off him - but he is the cheapest!):

Bock, Kennedy, Knights, Varcoe

Also, do you think it's good strategy going with 2 mid-pricers in the forward line? And do Bock's and Varcoe's dual position increase their value seeing as you can use them to swap between lines when trading?

Cheers.
This year I'm going with a Gun/Rookie forward line, with cheaper guys in Embley and Berger in the Midfield and Rucks respectively. I wouldn't be very confident in going with two mid price forwards either.

According to luv, Bock is out so he's a no. As for Kennedy, he's never been much of a scorer (except for when he kicked 10 in 2011... Think it was against the Bulldogs?), so he's a no as well.

That leaves Knights and Varcoe.

Here is some stuff I posted earlier:

"Varcoe
1. At 234k he is great value
2. High roof
3. More midfield time
4. Can be inconsistent - In 2011 he scored below 60 on many occasions

Knights
1. Obviously has potential. Has averaged 80+ in the past.
2. New team at Richmond; so makes him a risky option, however I am confident he will improve on his 2012 form, even though he only played 4 games.
3. Priced at 254k, awesome value.

Overall, I'd say take the punt on Knights. He's worth the risk as if he doesn't perform you can just trade him out before Round 3. I'd still consider looking at downgrading/upgrading him though."

Thanks for the question  :)

Noz

Quote from: Master Q on February 09, 2013, 06:08:34 PM
Quote from: Noz on February 09, 2013, 03:44:35 PM
What do you think your chances are of Heppell making his 89 round 1 B/E against Adelaide

Also Franklins chance of making his 105 B/E against Geelong a team he only averages 89 against in 11 games but without Scarlet he could explode.

Leading me to two questions

Heppell (Current D3) V Stanley (New D2) V Birchall (D3)

Franklin (Current F1) V Zorko (F3) V Robinson (F4)
Heppell chances of scoring about 89 I'd say is 60/40.

I'm not starting with Franklin. Don't see him scoring well early.

For your last two questions, is it which one to pick? Sorry, I'm a little confused.

Sorry to confuse you mate

Who would you pick

Heppell, dogall, Stanley

Master Q

Ah ok.

I actually went Heppell --> Stanley today. Obviously a better scorer, and I think a more consistent one too. Bit of a POD as well  :)

auscoyote

Your'e getting a lot of these mid price Fwd questions but here's another.

Varcoe as you have mentioned early or Monfries with more mid time as well and a easy draw but cost extra $$$

Master Q

Quote from: auscoyote on February 09, 2013, 08:40:46 PM

Varcoe as you have mentioned early or Monfries with more mid time as well and a easy draw but cost extra $$$
Haha I am! Thanks for your anyway.

Monfries is an extremely risky pick. He could become a DT gun, or a massive flop. Because it's so unpredictable, I'd go for the (semi) safe option in Varcoe, and if Monfries dominates in Round 1 and/or 2 you can just trade him in then  ;)

Adamant

I think you should read this before considering Monfries: http://www.afldreamers.com/strategy/the-never-again-list-angus-monfries/

auscoyote

Quote from: Adamant on February 09, 2013, 08:47:46 PM

I think you should read this before considering Monfries: http://www.afldreamers.com/strategy/the-never-again-list-angus-monfries/
Thanks mate,
Interesting read!

T Dog

Still looking at underpriced performers Q..Bellchambers vs Mumford?

Master Q

Quote from: T Dog on February 09, 2013, 11:41:38 PM
Still looking at underpriced performers Q..Bellchambers vs Mumford?
Can't see Belly scoring that great with Ryder, Hille and Daniher all spending time in the ruck. Mummy has a lot less competition and has scored well in recent years.