Master Q's Analyser 2013 (V1)

Started by Master Q, February 04, 2013, 07:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Dog

Hey Q

Watts v/s Yarran v/s Broughton?

Master Q

Quote from: Barra on February 06, 2013, 08:51:47 PM
I have one for you. My forwards and rucks are set. Yet I can't quite nail down my mids. I've had so many variations that I don't know what to go with.
Backs line up as; Goddard, Gibbs, Broughton. The B4 spot generally depends on what mid structure I go with.
Swan, Ablett up front in all of these. M3/M4/M5 is where I can't knuckle down.

Beams, Boyd, Embley. (Hartlett)
Pendlebury, Redden, Murphy. (Pederson)
Pendlebury, Murphy, Greene. (Pederson) - Am a fan of Greene and reckon he will go 110.
Really tough one.

I'd have to say the first (Not discussing Hartlett, but if I were too I'd say I'm not a big fan). Embley is a really good pick this season and Beams is a superstar. But have you considered going Boyd to Murphy? I see them scoring the same this year but Murphy is a lot better value.

Your thoughts?

Master Q

Quote from: T Dog on February 06, 2013, 10:22:11 PM
Hey Q

Watts v/s Yarran v/s Broughton?
Broughton is really the only fantasy relevant guy there... I'm not his No.1 fan but out of those 3, definitely Broughton.

T Dog

Thanks Q...still looking for a breakout mid price back... 8)

Barra17

Quote from: Master Q on February 06, 2013, 11:01:18 PM
I have one for you. My forwards and rucks are set. Yet I can't quite nail down my mids. I've had so many variations that I don't know what to go with.
Backs line up as; Goddard, Gibbs, Broughton. The B4 spot generally depends on what mid structure I go with.

Pendlebury, Murphy, Greene. (Pederson) - Am a fan of Greene and reckon he will go 110.
Really tough one.

I'd have to say the first (Not discussing Hartlett, but if I were too I'd say I'm not a big fan). Embley is a really good pick this season and Beams is a superstar. But have you considered going Boyd to Murphy? I see them scoring the same this year but Murphy is a lot better value.

Your thoughts?

Yeah well Murphy is definitely on the radar as he is one of the versions above. So you reckon the midpricer at M5 version. If I did do Boyd down to Murph I could pretty much have anyone else in the backline instead of Hartlett.

Bak2Form

Master Q

Quote from: Barra on February 06, 2013, 11:46:20 PM
Quote from: Master Q on February 06, 2013, 11:01:18 PM

Really tough one.

Your thoughts?

Yeah well Murphy is definitely on the radar as he is one of the versions above. So you reckon the midpricer at M5 version. If I did do Boyd down to Murph I could pretty much have anyone else in the backline instead of Hartlett.
Well I think it's important to have Embley, so yeah.  :P

Quote from: Bak2Form on February 07, 2013, 02:11:26 PM
boyd or beams?
Thanks for the question.

Beams for me. He's on rise and Boyd is on the decline.

essendon2

Byrnes + Sylvia
vs
Cox + Docherty (on field)

Master Q

Quote from: essendon2 on February 07, 2013, 09:18:36 PM
Byrnes + Sylvia
vs
Cox + Docherty (on field)
Definitely the second. You've got one of the best Ruck (and even Forward) premiums available, with a rookie who has massive potential (could swap him if he doesn't get named in R1, anyway). Brynes and Sylvia are two smokie mid-pricers - I know which option I'd feel more comfortable with  :P

Blairholt

Hey Q, love your work!

Sylvia and birchall
Vs
Martin and broughton

Master Q

Quote from: Blairholt on February 07, 2013, 10:21:28 PM
Hey Q, love your work!

Sylvia and birchall
Vs
Martin and broughton
Thanks for the question. While I'm against all of those guys but Birchall (although there are some better options IMO), I'll give you my thoughts.

The way I see it is, Birchall is slightly better than Martin, but if Martin does perform this year he'll bring you a lot of cash/value. Broughton is a huge risk this year, still more reason of a reason to pick Sylvia.

So, I'd opt for the 1st option - although, I'd try look at other players in the mean time  ;)

T Dog

Hey again Q...how about Casboult v/s Knights?

Master Q

Quote from: T Dog on February 08, 2013, 11:30:40 PM
Hey again Q...how about Casboult v/s Knights?
Wouldn't consider Casboult fantasy relevant. Was good for me last year, but only had him as he debuted at a great time  :P 2nd year blues to consider as well  ;) Knights definitely the safer option.

chenga

Noz

What do you think your chances are of Heppell making his 89 round 1 B/E against Adelaide

Also Franklins chance of making his 105 B/E against Geelong a team he only averages 89 against in 11 games but without Scarlet he could explode.

Leading me to two questions

Heppell (Current D3) V Stanley (New D2) V Birchall (D3)

Franklin (Current F1) V Zorko (F3) V Robinson (F4)