Master Q's Analyser 2013 (V1)

Started by Master Q, February 04, 2013, 07:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Trouble with Brown is his price, tough with his age (20) and almost js he's probably worth it but don't expect big numbers in his first (not true he played 3 games last year) year, but should still beat most if not all first year players, but that price is annoying, SC lock as he's cheaper there. Trouble is the cheaper and older guys like Stevenson, Goodes, Piterd and Staker need to be considered first. But Browny I expect to play and be solid. P.s SC gold 8)

Sorry for the rant just giving info on Brown, forgive me :-[

Thoughts on Redden and Dangerfield Q? Have in Redden and want the Dangerman but got a feeling he's an upgrade target, got a feeling Mundy and Fyfe with all those trades are better value

Also thoughts on Caddy and David Swallow? Thanks Q great effort mate!

Master Q

Quote from: NigeyS on February 04, 2013, 11:56:30 PM
Qstick, I've got two.

Moloney or Embley?
Brad Ebert or Ward?
Hey Nigey, thanks for the question.

Between Moloney and Embley, I'd go Embley in the heart beat. He'd have to be up their for one of the pick-ups of the season. Averaged 90-odd in 2011, had a great finals campaign and training well at the moment; will make owners a lot of cash.

Ebert and Ward, very unique picks Nigey  :P

If you are looking at a long term option I'd say Ward, he's extremely consistent and has a super high roof. Ebert - he's up and down sometimes, but has a much easier first few games, so if you're looking at him as a guy who you want to make some easy cash off, then upgrade him to a legitimate super premium, that could work too.  :)

;)

Master Q

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 05, 2013, 12:03:22 AM
Trouble with Brown is his price, tough with his age (20) and almost js he's probably worth it but don't expect big numbers in his first (not true he played 3 games last year) year, but should still beat most if not all first year players, but that price is annoying, SC lock as he's cheaper there. Trouble is the cheaper and older guys like Stevenson, Goodes, Piterd and Staker need to be considered first. But Browny I expect to play and be solid. P.s SC gold 8)

Sorry for the rant just giving info on Brown, forgive me :-[

Thoughts on Redden and Dangerfield Q? Have in Redden and want the Dangerman but got a feeling he's an upgrade target, got a feeling Mundy and Fyfe with all those trades are better value

Also thoughts on Caddy and David Swallow? Thanks Q great effort mate!
No no no, thanks for the input tbag! Great having you guys around who know the ins and out of their club  :) I'd consider what tbag said, I never actually looked at Luke's price. More of a reason to watch him at the NAB cup!

Redden - definitely someone to look at, however depends on your midfield. See his average climbing this year, but I am a big backer of Murphy this season. I've been meaning to get round to writing an article on Murphy, but haven't had the time.

Dangerfield - Agree with you there, I reckon he is an upgrade target. Managed to pick him up late last season, wowee! Love his high scores  :-*

Fyfe/Mundy - Fyfe is priced very low, but I'm still questioning him. Mundy, not much of a fan but something is there - Read on Twitter today that he wasn't at training today. Wonder what that is about?

Thanks tbag!  :)

Clyde Frog

Nige

Quote from: Master Q on February 05, 2013, 12:08:06 AM
Quote from: NigeyS on February 04, 2013, 11:56:30 PM
Qstick, I've got two.

Moloney or Embley?
Brad Ebert or Ward?
Hey Nigey, thanks for the question.

Between Moloney and Embley, I'd go Embley in the heart beat. He'd have to be up their for one of the pick-ups of the season. Averaged 90-odd in 2011, had a great finals campaign and training well at the moment; will make owners a lot of cash.

Ebert and Ward, very unique picks Nigey  :P

If you are looking at a long term option I'd say Ward, he's extremely consistent and has a super high roof. Ebert - he's up and down sometimes, but has a much easier first few games, so if you're looking at him as a guy who you want to make some easy cash off, then upgrade him to a legitimate super premium, that could work too.  :)

;)

Cheers Qstick, given me a bit to think about now.  :)

tbagrocks

Cheer Q, thanks for the confidence! Got Murphy locked righ in there 8) Want to start a Redden or Danger and Fyfe gives me extra cash, I like the idea of the underpricers as the 44 trades makes for interesting and more complex strategy's, I got Ablett and Pendles at M1-2 atm

Great job Q this should be some quality thread 8)

Yeah keep an eye on Brown though there should be better value, lock him into your SC ;)

grimreaper

Beams, Murph, Cotchin, Pendlebury, Dangerfield?

Embley or Ball at M5?

Cox or Franklin?

Robinson or Zorko?

Master Q

Quote from: Clyde Frog on February 05, 2013, 12:20:07 AM
Goddard vs Grimes

Thanks Q
Thanks for the question Clyde Frog.

Both super picks, but gotta go with Goddard this year. Easily the No.1 back this year.

Master Q

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 05, 2013, 12:30:27 AM
Cheer Q, thanks for the confidence! Got Murphy locked righ in there 8) Want to start a Redden or Danger and Fyfe gives me extra cash, I like the idea of the underpricers as the 44 trades makes for interesting and more complex strategy's, I got Ablett and Pendles at M1-2 atm

Great job Q this should be some quality thread 8)

Yeah keep an eye on Brown though there should be better value, lock him into your SC ;)
Thanks tbag  :)

Quote from: grimreaper on February 05, 2013, 12:34:18 AM
Beams, Murph, Cotchin, Pendlebury, Dangerfield?

Embley or Ball at M5?

Cox or Franklin?

Robinson or Zorko?
Thanks for the question grimreaper.

Embley v Ball - Embley all the way. Huge fan of him, much cheaper and will score a lot higher. Having a great pre-season as well. Finished the year off really strong anyway.

Cox v Franklin - I'm looking at Buddy as an upgrade target. Always have started with him but I think with a tough draw early, a mild inconsistency I am going Cox over him to begin with. Also consider Stevie J.

Robinson v Zorko - Gotta back a true premium in Robbo. A lot safer option, but if you really back Zorko and want him as a POD, he could turn out not too bad.

auscoyote

Mundy, not much of a fan but something is there - Read on Twitter today that he wasn't at training today. Wonder what that is about?

Rolled ankle, nothing serious!

Master Q

Quote from: auscoyote on February 05, 2013, 08:52:35 PM
Mundy, not much of a fan but something is there - Read on Twitter today that he wasn't at training today. Wonder what that is about?

Rolled ankle, nothing serious!
Ok, thanks!

AlexIsOnFire

Thoughts on Lecras as Fwd5

Or should I downgrade to Knights?

Master Q

Quote from: AlexIsOnFire on February 05, 2013, 10:50:07 PM
Thoughts on Lecras as Fwd5

Or should I downgrade to Knights?
It's a toughy. I feel that LeCras isn't cheap enough for his potential - he had an awesome year but didn't even average 90. If he can match that, I'm not sure. I'd either make cash somewhere else and upgrade him to a premium or downgrade him - you could go to Knights, or you could go all the way down to Staker, Macaffer or a rookie.

Master Q

Barra17

I have one for you. My forwards and rucks are set. Yet I can't quite nail down my mids. I've had so many variations that I don't know what to go with.
Backs line up as; Goddard, Gibbs, Broughton. The B4 spot generally depends on what mid structure I go with.
Swan, Ablett up front in all of these. M3/M4/M5 is where I can't knuckle down.

Beams, Boyd, Embley. (Hartlett)
Pendlebury, Redden, Murphy. (Pederson)
Pendlebury, Murphy, Greene. (Pederson) - Am a fan of Greene and reckon he will go 110.