Ask Ziplock Pre-season

Started by Ziplock, February 04, 2013, 03:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Quote from: elephants on February 21, 2013, 09:51:04 PM
How many midpricers is too many midpricers?

And how many midpricers currently sit in your team?

there's no such thing as too many midpricers... so long as they're the right ones.

if you define a midpricer as a non-premium (so im saying not in the top 10 scoring mids, top 8 backs/forwards or top 5 rucks)

then im going with 13.

A couple of those only just miss out on premium status. I'm fielding 4 rookies (one defence, 3 midfield), and my biggest POD is that I'm running with 4 mid priced midfielders... my thought is that these 30-40 point increase gives you more scoring potential... like to get a midpricer with the same point increase they'd be turning  premium,  and you'd need to pick like a 50ppg player who's going to break out to a 90 point player. Rambling a bit though. :p

Ziplock

Quote from: Noz on February 21, 2013, 10:11:12 PM
Keen on taking a punt on Dylan Shiel at $378k do you reckon he will improve greatly from his 73 average last year.

He has reported he played nearly all his games under an injury cloud and from what I've heard his going very well in the pre season.
Quote from: Noz on February 21, 2013, 10:17:21 PM
Dylan Shiel is solely a midfield though they don't play GWS they have a easy start to the season
Port
Melbourne
Gold Coast
St Kilda

In the opening 5 rounds could do well head to head against some teams.

yeah as you noticed I used him as an example in my above post as a midpricer, since he'd be soooooo sneaky and unique, but I dont currently have him in my team.

Shiel came into the season with no pre-season, and, as you said was playing with an injured foot all year. The major issue is he's going to be jostling for midfield positions with our abundance of mids, and will probably get pushed to the half forward line, he has a bit of speed (the legal kind, we're not essendon...) which could be pretty useful up there. He's on my shortlist atm for my midfield. A first year average like that is very impressive when injured with no preason.

Frankfaust1

Quote from: Noz on February 21, 2013, 10:11:12 PM
Keen on taking a punt on Dylan Shiel at $378k do you reckon he will improve greatly from his 73 average last year.

He has reported he played nearly all his games under an injury cloud and from what I've heard his going very well in the pre season.

Can anyone clarify - I thought he had a foot injury that was affecting his preparation. I like this kid and would be interested if he's not behind in his prep.

Ziplock

yeah he had a foot injury, basically it was a superfluous bone in his foot that was causing him substantial pain, hence why he stopped playing and went into surgery. I'm pretty sure he was close to right to go around the end of the HA season, but giants weren't going to risk him.

Basically, he's had a full preseason, there was actually an article on it on the afl website saying how right he was :P

Adamant

Here's a bit of a different question Zip.

Who is your early tip for the 2013 Brownlow Medal?

Ziplock

Ablett.

and, wait for it, Scully to finish top 3 :P

tbagrocks

Quote from: Ziplock on February 21, 2013, 11:17:10 PM
Ablett.

and, wait for it, Scully to finish top 3 :P
Haha really?  I'm bet you Wright has more votes :o  bit of a risk from the bag!

elephants

Wright will struggle for votes with Danger knocking out 28 (to finish third behind Shuey and Fyfey) ;)

Justin Bieber

Scully comes top 3 then I'll quit in Euros.

Ziplock

haha, lez quitting euros, tbag quitting ff, this is going to be a memorable year :P

elephants

Quote from: Ziplock on February 22, 2013, 12:53:39 AM
haha, lez quitting euros, tbag quitting ff, this is going to be a memorable year :P

Hahaha, agreed :D

Justin Bieber

If Scully comes top 3, ill chop my dick off lol

Tominator

Ziplock

Quote from: whatlez on February 22, 2013, 12:47:39 PM
If Scully comes top 3, ill chop my dick off lol

good luck finding a small enough knife :/

Ziplock