Ask Ziplock Pre-season

Started by Ziplock, February 04, 2013, 03:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Quote from: Frankfaust on February 21, 2013, 03:48:52 PM
Hey Zip. Not sure if this has been asked. Mummy v Goldy for R1? Ta
Im going to go mumford... goldsteins starting draw is significantly more difficult...

only for the first couple of rounds though, overall I think goldy will come up tops- that being said, mumford is significantly more unique.

Frankfaust1

Quote from: Ziplock on February 21, 2013, 03:59:55 PM
Im going to go mumford...

only for the first couple of rounds though,

Thanks Zip.

essendon2

Im going to go mumford... goldsteins starting draw is significantly more difficult...

only for the first couple of rounds though, overall I think goldy will come up tops- that being said, mumford is significantly more unique.
thoughts on McEvoy?

Ziplock

Quote from: Scrads on February 21, 2013, 03:16:43 PM
I am banking on these mid-pricers being able to get me the premiums I want when I want them, rather than when the rookies let me. Also think bunny-hopping may be popular to get some cash so will definitely be prepared to hop on someone on a hot streak for a quick buck.

yeah, see I had gaff last year, and he started pretty well, averaging solidly over 90 from memory. He made a quick stepping stone to murphy.

Who then got injured on 24 like a week later :'(

Ziplock

Quote from: essendon2 on February 21, 2013, 04:08:07 PM

thoughts on McEvoy?

I like him. I think he'll take his game to the next level, and for those who cant afford/ have cox in the forward line and have no confidence in goldstein, he's probs one of the better options.

Ziplock

Quote from: Frankfaust on February 21, 2013, 04:04:28 PM
Im going to go mumford...

only for the first couple of rounds though,

Thanks Zip.
no problem.

Ziplock

goldstein is nowhere near premium.

If you're not premium, you're a mid pricer, that's how the distinction works. If anything near premium players are worse to pick than midpricers(in prior years anyway)- if they dont increase their average, but just maintain it, they're scoring too well to be worth burning a trade on, but not well enough to be a premium and subsequently lose you points.

Vincent

Hey mate what are your thoughts on Petterd?

Ziplock

Quote from: Vincent on February 21, 2013, 09:02:15 PM
Hey mate what are your thoughts on Petterd?
well, he's still pretty young, and underpriced... he's also been having a good pre-season.

But he needs to get upgraded first before really warranting consideration doesn't he? Even then I'm not sure where he fits in for the tigers line up...

honestly, if I was picking a tiger forward in that price range I'd probably prefer vickery... that being said, knights isnt much more expensive than either of them, and is a more proven scorer.

elephants

How many midpricers is too many midpricers?

And how many midpricers currently sit in your team?

Adamant

Noz

Keen on taking a punt on Dylan Shiel at $378k do you reckon he will improve greatly from his 73 average last year.

He has reported he played nearly all his games under an injury cloud and from what I've heard his going very well in the pre season.

elephants

He's fwd/mid right Noz? Main problem with GWS boys is they don't get to play GWS :P

Noz

Dylan Shiel is solely a midfield though they don't play GWS they have a easy start to the season
Port
Melbourne
Gold Coast
St Kilda

In the opening 5 rounds could do well head to head against some teams.

Ziplock

Quote from: Adamant on February 21, 2013, 09:52:37 PM
Embley or Moloney?

well, at this stage I'm running with embley, I really see the attraction of moloney though... embley's just a more proven scorer.