Ask Ziplock Pre-season

Started by Ziplock, February 04, 2013, 03:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Quote from: powersuperkents on February 20, 2013, 12:58:05 AM
Out of these three mids (Joel Selwood, Jack Redden & Marc Murphy) what will each average and if so should I upgrade one to Trent Cotchin and if so which one?

also

Bryce Gibbs or Heath Scotland?
I've got selwood at around 105-108, redden at around 108-110 and murphy at 110+. I wouldn't bother upgrading redden/ murphy to cotchin, but I'd consider selwood.

Gibbs hands down.

Holz

any merit in picking Barlow or Liam Athony in the mids?

Ziplock

a fully fit barlow I can see the value in, he's finally pain free, his average is slightly sub affected, and he was pretty consistent throughout most of the year, scoring 12 tons out of his last 15 games. What he  hasn't really demonstrated is his first year ceiling, not scoring over 110 in any HA game...

I think he's a pretty sneaky unique, fit he should average 105 minimum.

anthony... not as much of a fan of :P

truBLUE

Hey Zip looking for a good unique fwd which is better suited for DT  thoughts on cyril , darling or l.jetta  i currently have cox,robbo rocky and roo ,,,, appreciate suggestions thnxs   :)

Ziplock

Quote from: truBLUE on February 20, 2013, 01:11:09 PM
Hey Zip looking for a good unique fwd which is better suited for DT  thoughts on cyril , darling or l.jetta  i currently have cox,robbo rocky and roo ,,,, appreciate suggestions thnxs   :)

darling is the best of that lot, I've considered him myself. Cyril always has injury concerns, and Jettas run and carry is so insane that   he doesn't get cheap 1-2s etc.

Scrads

Hey Zip, here is another one for you:

D.Swallow, Goldstein, Knights

OR

Murphy, Pederson, Varcoe

Keep in mind that (even though you are against it) Cox will be F1 and therefore an 'escape plan' if Pedo/Goldy decide to spud up.

Ziplock

Quote from: Scrads on February 20, 2013, 01:25:02 PM
Hey Zip, here is another one for you:

D.Swallow, Goldstein, Knights 255

OR

Murphy, Pederson, Varcoe 255

Keep in mind that (even though you are against it) Cox will be F1 and therefore an 'escape plan' if Pedo/Goldy decide to spud up.
ha. I've got them pretty much equal... it comes down to your personal preference- imo you could be potentially getting 2 keepers out of the first option, or, on the flipside, none. While option 2 gives you one guarenteed premium, but that's it.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ziplock on February 20, 2013, 12:03:13 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on February 20, 2013, 12:58:05 AM
Out of these three mids (Joel Selwood, Jack Redden & Marc Murphy) what will each average and if so should I upgrade one to Trent Cotchin and if so which one?

also

Bryce Gibbs or Heath Scotland?
I've got selwood at around 105-108, redden at around 108-110 and murphy at 110+. I wouldn't bother upgrading redden/ murphy to cotchin, but I'd consider selwood.

Gibbs hands down.
Haha cheers mate :)

Clyde Frog

Righto Zip,

Would you play Cox as F1 with Mumford as R1 (next to Luey) and have 17k left over OR would you play Cox as R1 with Sylvia in the forwards alongside Rockliff, Robinson, Martin and Byrnes and have 50k left over?

Ziplock

well, I'm leaning very strongly to the second option with cox as R1...

since that's verrrrry similar to my own ruck and forward line (except I have a different smokie to byrnes ;) ). I rate sylvia for 95+ this year which should just about scrape him into the top 6 forwards (maybe 2 ppg off or so), while mumford will probably be lucky for 90+, which wouldn't place him in the top 2 rucks by a reasonable gap.

Scrads

I am going to hate hearing(reading) the answer to this :(

Goldy + D.Swallow

or

Murphy + Varcoe

Ziplock

haha, same situation as your other question, I have them exactly neck and neck. However, as I said, varcoe wont go premium, while swallow + goldy could. It's your call, safe option with murph + varcoe, or more risky :P

honestly, in your scenario I'd go murphy and a forward rook, then make an upgrade elsewhere :P

essendon2

thoughts on Gaff, K. Jack and Siposs?

Ziplock

Quote from: essendon2 on February 20, 2013, 08:12:32 PM

I really like Gaff, I rate him for 90 minimum, but really think he can go 100+.

Siposs I see at around an 80 average, maybe a little higher. Can't see him going under 70 though.

I prefer kennedy to jack tbh as a sydney midfield pick, Jacks tagging jobs affects his consistency, as well as his inability to ton up except against weaker sides- he tonned up 9 times last year, twice against gws, twice against wbd, then once against melb, stk, gc with geelong (100) and wce (118) being his only tons against top 8 teams. Not exactly what you want from a premium mid....

essendon2

Quote from: Ziplock on February 20, 2013, 08:43:10 PM
Quote from: essendon2 on February 20, 2013, 08:12:32 PM

I really like Gaff, I rate him for 90 minimum, but really think he can go 100+.

Siposs I see at around an 80 average, maybe a little higher. Can't see him going under 70 though.

I prefer kennedy to jack tbh as a sydney midfield pick, Jacks tagging jobs affects his consistency, as well as his inability to ton up except against weaker sides- he tonned up 9 times last year, twice against gws, twice against wbd, then once against melb, stk, gc with geelong (100) and wce (118) being his only tons against top 8 teams. Not exactly what you want from a premium mid....
think Gaff and Siposs are worth the punt?  ??? ::)