Ask Ziplock Pre-season

Started by Ziplock, February 04, 2013, 03:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Quote from: noto07 on February 11, 2013, 01:44:11 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on February 11, 2013, 01:39:07 AM
Quote from: noto07 on February 11, 2013, 12:56:56 AM
Quote from: elephants on February 11, 2013, 12:53:28 AM
What will Ablett average next year from how many matches? ;)

126 from 19 ;)
lolololol! legit didn't see this.

Haha great minds think alike  :P. I thought 2 for injury and then 1 rest! But hoping for 21 with no injury!!

I'd prefer an injury scare personally against a team like hawthorn- subbed out on 3 points, massive price drop so I can grab him cheap :P

elephants

Quote from: Ziplock on February 11, 2013, 01:46:01 AM

126 from 19 ;)

Haha great minds think alike  :P. I thought 2 for injury and then 1 rest! But hoping for 21 with no injury!!

I'd prefer an injury scare personally against a team like hawthorn- subbed out on 3 points, massive price drop so I can grab him cheap :P

Not starting him?

Adamant

Quote from: Ziplock on February 11, 2013, 01:45:01 AM
Quote from: tabs on February 11, 2013, 01:05:05 AM
Hey Zip,

My plane back to Sydney was cancelled so i am hold up for the night at the Holiday Inn in Melbourne. My question is do i use my all of my $50 voucher tonight for dinner or save some for the morning?? (You cant use it for Alcohol)

Also what are your thoughts on Luke Hodge this season? What will he average??

I like him, like he;s a proven scorer, and has shown he's 100+ material... I'm tipping a 95 average personally. Altough at nearly 400k (really should have had a 10% discount), I don't think he's cheap enough. Definitely won't average enough to be a keeper, and ball/ embley are cheaper, with the same degree of risk with injury concerns, and the same scoring potential.

it's a pass for me.

Hodge is in serious doubt for round 1 and could miss up to a month of the season from a calf injury if I recall correctly.

Ziplock

Quote from: elephants on February 11, 2013, 01:44:46 AM
While you're here and keen to answer questions...

Your top 6 backmen this year?
I'm going to go standard with Goddard, Gibbs (Proven 100+ scorers) and Grimes (I see him as 100+ as well if he can stay fit).Scotland should stay up there as well. After that, the four remaining players I can see getting close to the 100 mark are Heppell, Hanley, Duffield and Hartlett.

If i had to pick 6 though... I'm calling scotland to just drop out with aging- overall points, definitely will with his suspension (he's suspended right?). I'm going Goddard, Gibbs, Grimes, Heppell, Duffield and Hanley.

Not a fan of stanley, half a season of premium average doens't tickle my pickle, and I see Hartlett as a higher probability of plateauing than the others.

Ziplock

Quote from: elephants on February 11, 2013, 01:48:16 AM

126 from 19 ;)

Not starting him?
rolling with big swannie atm.

Ziplock

Quote from: Adamant on February 11, 2013, 01:51:02 AM
Hey Zip,

My plane back to Sydney was cancelled so i am hold up for the night at the Holiday Inn in Melbourne. My question is do i use my all of my $50 voucher tonight for dinner or save some for the morning?? (You cant use it for Alcohol)

I like him, like he;s a proven scorer, and has shown he's 100+ material... I'm tipping a 95 average personally. Altough at nearly 400k (really should have had a 10% discount), I don't think he's cheap enough. Definitely won't average enough to be a keeper, and ball/ embley are cheaper, with the same degree of risk with injury concerns, and the same scoring potential.

it's a pass for me.

Hodge is in serious doubt for round 1 and could miss up to a month of the season from a calf injury if I recall correctly.
Didn't he say on DTT that he was hoping to scrape into the end of NAB? I don't rate him as a pick eitherway though.

Adamant

Quote from: Ziplock on February 11, 2013, 01:55:11 AM
Hey Zip,

it's a pass for me.

Didn't he say on DTT that he was hoping to scrape into the end of NAB? I don't rate him as a pick eitherway though.

Hmm, you may be right. I watched the DTT episode, but I can't remember. :P

I'd much rather Ball/Embley for much less or like Fyfe for 50k extra.

elephants

Quote from: Ziplock on February 11, 2013, 01:54:16 AM

126 from 19 ;)

Not starting him?

Fair enough! I'm going both for now.

Quote from: Ziplock on February 11, 2013, 01:52:59 AM

I'm going to go standard with Goddard, Gibbs (Proven 100+ scorers) and Grimes (I see him as 100+ as well if he can stay fit).Scotland should stay up there as well. After that, the four remaining players I can see getting close to the 100 mark are Heppell, Hanley, Duffield and Hartlett.

If i had to pick 6 though... I'm calling scotland to just drop out with aging- overall points, definitely will with his suspension (he's suspended right?). I'm going Goddard, Gibbs, Grimes, Heppell, Duffield and Hanley.

Not a fan of stanley, half a season of premium average doens't tickle my pickle, and I see Hartlett as a higher probability of plateauing than the others.

Yeah awesome, currently got Hanley over Hamish and Grimes but I'm having doubts...

Disagree on big Stanners though!

Ziplock

Quote from: Adamant on February 11, 2013, 01:57:43 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on February 11, 2013, 01:55:11 AM
Hey Zip,

it's a pass for me.

Hmm, you may be right. I watched the DTT episode, but I can't remember. :P

I'd much rather Ball/Embley for much less or like Fyfe for 50k extra.

the footage wasnt very current, so he might have done it recently I guess.

yeah, exactly.

Ziplock

Quote from: elephants on February 11, 2013, 01:58:29 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on February 11, 2013, 01:54:16 AM

126 from 19 ;)

Not starting him?

Fair enough! I'm going both for now.

Quote from: Ziplock on February 11, 2013, 01:52:59 AM

Yeah awesome, currently got Hanley over Hamish and Grimes but I'm having doubts...

Disagree on big Stanners though!

haha, we'll see.

Adamant

Hmm, I'm really not a fan of Hanley in DT and I'm too sure sure why. I think it's because I hate inconsistency - he had like 10 scores under 68 or something. :-\ I know he should improve on his consistency, but I still don't see him averaging 90+. I reckon around the 85-88 range at this stage.

Stanley may have only played half a season last year, but he averaged 88 from like round 7 onwards in 2011. I think he should lift his average to the 93-96 range with increased midfield time and his elite consistency is why he is sitting at D3 for me.

elephants

Quote from: Adamant on February 11, 2013, 02:04:42 AM
Hmm, I'm really not a fan of Hanley in DT and I'm too sure sure why. I think it's because I hate inconsistency - he had like 10 scores under 68 or something. :-\ I know he should improve on his consistency, but I still don't see him averaging 90+. I reckon around the 85-88 range at this stage.

Stanley may have only played half a season last year, but he averaged 88 from like round 7 onwards in 2011. I think he should lift his average to the 93-96 range with increased midfield time and his elite consistency is why he is sitting at D3 for me.

Yeah, this sounds like it to me! I'm not on this Hanley hype reeeeally...

Tominator

Nobody besides Jukes answered me in my thread so I'll post here haha - but please please follow this thread  ;)
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,71122.15.html

Tominator's Team - Version 3.0 - $5,800 in the bank

DEFENDERS
Brendon GODDARD, Bryce GIBBS, Dyson HEPPELL, Greg BROUGHTON, Jasper PITTARD, Sam DOCHERTY

Bench: Brett GOODES, Dean TERLICH

MIDFIELDERS
Dane SWAN, Gary ABLETT, Matthew BOYD, Nathan FYFE, Ollie WINES, Jesse LONERGAN, Jaeger O'MEARA, Jack VINEY

Bench: Brad CROUCH, Nathan HROVAT

RUCKS
Hamish McINTOSH, Matthew LEUENBERGER

Bench: Jack FITZPATRICK, Daniel CURRIE

FORWARDS
Dean COX, Steve JOHNSON, Tom ROCKLIFF, Nick RIEWOLDT, Luke BREUST, Chris KNIGHTS

Bench: Brent STAKER, Brent MACAFFER

QUESTIONS

1. Out of Ablett, Boyd, Pendlebury and Cotchin, which two should I grab?

2. Is Hamish McIntosh a good first ruck or is Nic Naitanui a better choice?

3. Is Joe Daniher a better pick than Brett Goodes? I could play Staker in DEF if I dump Goodes or Pittard (then get Daniher or Lee up forward)

4. What do you think of my team ?

Justin Bieber

Hanley over Birchall? Maybe only on price.

Ziplock

Quote from: elephants on February 11, 2013, 02:10:35 AM
Quote from: Adamant on February 11, 2013, 02:04:42 AM

Yeah, this sounds like it to me! I'm not on this Hanley hype reeeeally...

gc have too many young mids ahead of him, and the inclusion of broughton makes me wary. My view on young inconsistent players is that if they're already averaging close to premium, such as hanley, they definitely have the ability to improve on their poorer scores- especiallyan irish kid like pearce :P