Ask Ziplock Pre-season

Started by Ziplock, February 04, 2013, 03:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Yeah and sorry to disturb your thread Zip :-[

Heppell to improve enough or Duffman to be solid in Freo's defence ???

Not a Broughton fan atm just don't trust his role, Birch in my SC atm

Ziplock

broughton should improve substantially this season imo, that being said, I see him playing mainly off HB... he'll be first in line if one of the mids go down. So think like high 80s, maybe low 90s... certainly not 100 avg like we'd want, unless someone like GAJ goes down *touch wood*

I'm not touching any essendon players until we find out exactly what the hell is the deal with their performance enhancing drugs allegations. If heppells clean, then I reckon jump on. Wait for the verdict though.

I like duffield personally- I don't think freo have any HBs of his quality now broughts is gone, and I reckon he'll slut it up. Hanley is another one worth consideration in that range.

tbagrocks

Yeah cheers mate, the whole drug thing is pretty annoying though, really who didn't suspect anything?

I don't expect Pearce to effect Duff much at all and Duffman is almost locked in there

Ziplock

I'm pretty sure pearce is going to be used for his run and carry a bit further up the field- should really affect duffield.

Adamant

Grimes + Macaffer + 60k
OR
Duffield + Byrnes

Ziplock

grimes + macaffer + 60k.

the money gives you that flexibility should you choose to keep it, to make the most out of your free trades. I see byrnes averaging more than macaffer, but isn't really worth that much more cash- when it comes down to it neither of them are keepers. Grimes if he stays fit should be able to crack 100+  this year as well.

Adamant

Quote from: Ziplock on February 08, 2013, 02:35:07 AM
grimes + macaffer + 60k.

the money gives you that flexibility should you choose to keep it, to make the most out of your free trades. I see byrnes averaging more than macaffer, but isn't really worth that much more cash- when it comes down to it neither of them are keepers. Grimes if he stays fit should be able to crack 100+  this year as well.

Macaffer would be F5 though, does that change your mind?

Ziplock

Ziplock

Kellogscrunchynut

What do you think of Jack Reddan? can he average 110+?

Ziplock

I know he can... whether or not he will this season is more of a punt. He was pretty consistent last year, the only issue is his ceiling wasn't that great. He probably needs to put some more bulk on- if he does that I'd back him in.

Chopps

thoughts on toumpas?

also 4 gun mid + ball + toumpas, crouch, o meara, viney and m10 rookie

or 5 gun mid no ball  toumpas, crouch, o meara, viney and m10 rookie

edit: thoughts on troy menzel?

Ziplock

Quote from: Chopps on February 08, 2013, 04:37:21 PM
thoughts on toumpas?

also 4 gun mid + ball + toumpas, crouch, o meara, viney and m10 rookie

or 5 gun mid no ball  toumpas, crouch, o meara, viney and m10 rookie

edit: thoughts on troy menzel?

not a massive fan. Obviously wait to see how he goes in NAB, but I'd prefer wines for cheaper and whitfield for more expensive. If you've just got extra cash, then might as well go 5 gun mid.

pass on menzel for me- I dont see him getting heaps of action.

Chopps

yea bit hard at carlton i d guess for menzel, why you not a fan of toumpas?