Ask Ziplock Pre-season

Started by Ziplock, February 04, 2013, 03:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

he's also the cheapest which is a massive positive :P means you spend less money on him initially, and he'll make you more :P

The_Captain

Quote from: Ziplock on February 04, 2013, 08:35:22 PM
Quote from: essendon2 on February 04, 2013, 08:13:10 PM
Varcoe, Byrnes or Knights and why?  :P ???

I'm going Byrnes. Varcoes always been an average scorer at best, knights role at richmond is a bit uncertain, while byrnes can, and has hit 80+ before, and with more opportunities at melbourne (you dont elevate a traded in player to your leadership group to play vfl), I'd be expecting 75 minimum, which is around where the others top out.

Gotta agree there ! He had a season where he averaged above 80 odd!

Ziplock

Quote from: Ricochet on February 04, 2013, 08:08:26 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on February 04, 2013, 07:37:58 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on February 04, 2013, 07:21:57 PM
That seems reasonable

How about Ward? can he improve his output enough to be viable?
I've got him pegged at about 105 this year. He's still pretty young, and he trailed off a bit at the end of last year. I think with the emergence of scully (which is my big tip for the year), he wont be copping a tag as often either. Also was suffering from injury a bit last year which hampered his scoring. The tag is probably his biggest concern

105 isn't really high enough to be viable though- this year a 105 average would only have left him around 10th place for mids.
shhh zip

haha, I dont have the balls to put him in though :P

might try to squeeze him into SC :P

Ziplock

Quote from: noto07 on February 04, 2013, 08:38:04 PM

I'm going Byrnes. Varcoes always been an average scorer at best, knights role at richmond is a bit uncertain, while byrnes can, and has hit 80+ before, and with more opportunities at melbourne (you dont elevate a traded in player to your leadership group to play vfl), I'd be expecting 75 minimum, which is around where the others top out.

well, knights to be fair has averaged close to 90... but I'm *pretty* sure that's when he was playing a mostly midfield role, which he won't be getting at richmond...

Master Q

Quote from: Ziplock on February 04, 2013, 08:39:10 PM

well, knights to be fair has averaged close to 90... but I'm *pretty* sure that's when he was playing a mostly midfield role, which he won't be getting at richmond...
Funny, I ruled out Byrnes straight away  :P I think he's an awful pick  :-X

Ricochet

Quote from: Master Q on February 04, 2013, 08:45:54 PM

Opinion Thread Battle
Zip v Q!
"fight, fight, fight, fight"

The_Captain

Quote from: Ricochet on February 04, 2013, 08:51:58 PM
Quote from: Master Q on February 04, 2013, 08:45:54 PM

Opinion Thread Battle
Zip v Q!
"fight, fight, fight, fight"

haha some very opposing opinions alredy. Master Q not even giving byrnes a comparrison to varcoe and Knights is a bit of a poor decision haha. So far Zip's in the lead i reckon ha!

Ziplock

I dont think any of them are awesome picks btw, but byrnes is at least worthwhile at that price.

The_Captain

Quote from: Ziplock on February 04, 2013, 09:06:59 PM
I dont think any of them are awesome picks btw, but byrnes is at least worthwhile at that price.

He's not far off rookie priced. Also the fact the the forward rookies are looking a little scarce.. it makes him a more viable option!

Master Q

Quote from: noto07 on February 04, 2013, 09:12:29 PM

He's not far off rookie priced. Also the fact the the forward rookies are looking a little scarce.. it makes him a more viable option!
Same with me. I think they are all not the best of options, but I wouldn't even consider Byrnes. Might be my gut but I don't see any upside in him. I stuck with my gut last season when judging players and came out on top 9/10 times  :P

The_Captain

Quote from: Master Q on February 04, 2013, 09:17:40 PM
Quote from: noto07 on February 04, 2013, 09:12:29 PM

Same with me. I think they are all not the best of options, but I wouldn't even consider Byrnes. Might be my gut but I don't see any upside in him. I stuck with my gut last season when judging players and came out on top 9/10 times  :P

How come but? He was starved of oppurtunity as the best club. He is in the leadership group so has high JS. He has no previous injury concerns.. and he is only 220k. If he averages 75-80 he is well worth that and will be a good stepping stone to a premo come round 8-9.

jamabadar

What scores will Swan and Ablett need to score in the first 3 rounds for there price to rise or at least stay the same.

Ziplock

if you're loading the midfield, byrnes is probably the best option as a cheapie F4-5, as noto said, there aren't that many options for rookie priced players- macaffer, staker, lee, is there really anyone else?

JJ kennedy is another reasonable low priced forward from memory.

Ziplock

Quote from: jamabadar on February 04, 2013, 10:08:04 PM
What scores will Swan and Ablett need to score in the first 3 rounds for there price to rise or at least stay the same.

it doesn't really matter if you're starting with them, since there's noway you'll trade them out barring injury. And if you're thinking of trading them in, round 3 is wayyyy too early.

there's a specific formula for this, but really it depends on how many rookies debut and how they do. Considering that R3 probs has the biggest negative effect on premiums prices, swan would probably need to average about 137 and ablett around 128 over the first 3 rounds to maintain their price. They both have pretty easy starts though, so that's completely plausible...

Artax

Hey Zip..

Sylvia & Mayes vs Varcoe & Morton ?