Ask Ziplock Pre-season

Started by Ziplock, February 04, 2013, 03:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

machoman

Hey Ziplock, keep up the good work!

Really need some advice-

Beams + Dwyer VS Moloney + Byrnes/Varcoe (I'm scared having Neade and Dwyer on the bench, as it could kill me in the long run, so is it worth getting that forward midpricer in and then having Macaffer and Neade on the bench?)

Longer VS Blicavs

Go Plowman or keep Terlich?

Thanks heaps mate!

Ziplock

Quote from: pinochio on March 29, 2013, 07:01:09 PM
swan + blicavs as R2
jpk + longer as R2

just traded out swan for jpk, i got like 150k...its INSANE!!!
....maybe im just being moronic in this made time of final hours of lockout lolz

I'd sit with swan- yeah it's a massive chunk of money, but the points you get from it are pretttttty worth it with the captain bonus :P

pinochio

Quote from: Ziplock on March 29, 2013, 07:11:19 PM
swan + blicavs as R2
jpk + longer as R2

....maybe im just being moronic in this made time of final hours of lockout lolz

I'd sit with swan- yeah it's a massive chunk of money, but the points you get from it are pretttttty worth it with the captain bonus :P

this week it makes not a big diff, since i get gibbsys solid vice score :P
...logically speaking swan will dip no question and jpk will probs start like a house.....

Dudge

Quote from: Ziplock on March 29, 2013, 07:00:51 PM
Quote from: Dudge on March 29, 2013, 05:49:37 PM
Good day Zip, what do u think the difference between Giles and Longers score would roughly be, cheers

honestly, I reckon it's going to be close to 20 ppg

Thanks mate

Ziplock

Quote from: machoman on March 29, 2013, 07:05:16 PM

Really need some advice-

Beams + Dwyer VS Moloney + Byrnes/Varcoe (I'm scared having Neade and Dwyer on the bench, as it could kill me in the long run, so is it worth getting that forward midpricer in and then having Macaffer and Neade on the bench?)

Longer VS Blicavs

Thanks heaps mate!
1. not going to lie, I dont rate byrnes/varcoe that highly. With 2 trades a week I think you should be fine.
2. I see them averaging similiarly(ish) and the extra cash could be reallllly useful
3. I'm going terlich. I can't see plowman getting heaps of back to back games , too much competition for young key backs, and I'm not sold on his scoring potential.

Ziplock

Quote from: pinochio on March 29, 2013, 07:13:42 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on March 29, 2013, 07:11:19 PM
swan + blicavs as R2
jpk + longer as R2

this week it makes not a big diff, since i get gibbsys solid vice score :P
...logically speaking swan will dip no question and jpk will probs start like a house.....

haha.

people said that last year though about swan :P

I think he'll be hungry this year, and for more than just pies :P

pinochio

ye last year only averaged like 105/10 in first 3/4 rds...

whats you thoughts on blicavs at R2?

machoman

Quote from: Ziplock on March 29, 2013, 07:19:03 PM

Really need some advice-

Longer VS Blicavs

Thanks heaps mate!
1. not going to lie, I dont rate byrnes/varcoe that highly. With 2 trades a week I think you should be fine.
2. I see them averaging similiarly(ish) and the extra cash could be reallllly useful
3. I'm going terlich. I can't see plowman getting heaps of back to back games , too much competition for young key backs, and I'm not sold on his scoring potential.

Thanks heaps mate! Really appreciate it.
What do you think of Cameron O'Shea as a bench option in the backline? He's 164k, named at CHB for Port this week.

Ziplock

Quote from: machoman on March 29, 2013, 07:24:33 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on March 29, 2013, 07:19:03 PM

Really need some advice-

Longer VS Blicavs

Thanks heaps mate!

Thanks heaps mate! Really appreciate it.
What do you think of Cameron O'Shea as a bench option in the backline? He's 164k, named at CHB for Port this week.

don't do it. Had him in his debut year.

just don't do it.

Ziplock

Quote from: pinochio on March 29, 2013, 07:21:10 PM
ye last year only averaged like 105/10 in first 3/4 rds...

whats you thoughts on blicavs at R2?

atm I'm running with blicavs at r2 (benching leuen).

I wouldnt do it though unless you're punting on leuen on the bench.

Tominator

Dwyer as F8?

And is Blicavs a reliable short-term R2 or should I grab Longer for Leuenberger early on?

Ziplock

Quote from: Tominator on March 29, 2013, 09:08:19 PM
Dwyer as F8?

And is Blicavs a reliable short-term R2 or should I grab Longer for Leuenberger early on?

ehhhh, I'm not sold on him.

that being said, I've got him atm (since I cant afford anyone else, I only just realised today I didnt have B goodes in my team :'( )

Adamant

Is Patton and Neade solid enough forward cover?

Ziplock

yeah, it's as good as you can find atm :P

Windigo

Is this a viable option Zippy to counter the def rookie problem!?

Longer R2, Keep my 5 premo mids & Koby/Whitfield.

Have a back line like this:

Godd, Gibbs, Russel, Armstrong/Harbrow, Goodes & Pittard (Heath & Stevenson)

:o

Armstrong/Koby

Or

Harbrow/Whitfield

Essentially.