Ask Ziplock Pre-season

Started by Ziplock, February 04, 2013, 03:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alka

Late to the game this season so I'd appreciate a lot of help!

My current team looks like:

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Birchall, Hibberd, Vlastuin, Goodes (Pittard, Terlich)

MID: Swan, Boyd, Pendles, Redden, Moloney, Wines, Lonegran, Crouch (O'Meara, Viney)

RUCKS: Cox, Longer (Blicavs, Currie)

FWDS: Bartel, Zorko, Rockliff, Robinson, Karnezis, Macaffer (Rowe, Lee)

So a few points:
I have 70k in the bank so can play around with this team.

I am attached to Hibberd, you can try to talk me out but I'm fairly devoted to the choice.
Birchall appears in few teams I have seen. Is there reason for this? I was considering Hartlett also. Prediction of averages?

I want 4 prems + 1 mid. Is Moloney my best mid choice, who are other good ones?
I had Redden locked from last season but I see his pre has not been great. Opinion on him?

Longer is in my rucks as if Leuy doesn't play, I'll keep him there. When Leuy does come back, Longer won't automatically lose his spot, so I will upgrade to him when I need to. 44 trades.

essendon2

Newman + Ablett + Goldstein vs Heppell + K.Jack + Robbo

Tominator

Quote from: essendon2 on March 20, 2013, 08:44:01 AM

Heppell, Jack and Robbo, but there might be better options than Jack

Matty Wright or Dustin Martin?

Ziplock

Quote from: essendon2 on March 19, 2013, 10:44:23 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on March 19, 2013, 09:39:35 PM
Quote from: pinochio on March 19, 2013, 09:21:21 PM
watson or boyd?

really have an uneasy feeling about boyd....convince me either way :P

thx hypes

I feel pretty confident about boyd. Top 8 mid for sure imo, at worst will drop a point or two off his average.

Watson is not as secure imo as boyd... cant see him improving, but far more likely of dropping :/
hm Hibberd + Boyd
vs
Newman + Watson :P :-[
Hibberd + Boyd

Ziplock

Quote from: Alka on March 20, 2013, 02:18:24 AM
Late to the game this season so I'd appreciate a lot of help!

My current team looks like:

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Birchall, Hibberd, Vlastuin, Goodes (Pittard, Terlich)

MID: Swan, Boyd, Pendles, Redden, Moloney, Wines, Lonegran, Crouch (O'Meara, Viney)

RUCKS: Cox, Longer (Blicavs, Currie)

FWDS: Bartel, Zorko, Rockliff, Robinson, Karnezis, Macaffer (Rowe, Lee)

So a few points:
I have 70k in the bank so can play around with this team.

I am attached to Hibberd, you can try to talk me out but I'm fairly devoted to the choice.
Birchall appears in few teams I have seen. Is there reason for this? I was considering Hartlett also. Prediction of averages?

I want 4 prems + 1 mid. Is Moloney my best mid choice, who are other good ones?
I had Redden locked from last season but I see his pre has not been great. Opinion on him?

Longer is in my rucks as if Leuy doesn't play, I'll keep him there. When Leuy does come back, Longer won't automatically lose his spot, so I will upgrade to him when I need to. 44 trades.
I like it, I think it's pretty well structured. I have hibberd in my team as well, so :P Yeah, not a massive fan of Birch... suckling being out could benefit him though to be fair. I'd put Birch at around 90 and hartlett about high 80s- that being said, Birch doesn't come with the injury risk of Hartlett

I've got moloney as well :P at this stage I see him as the best midpricer in that range for the midfield.

Yeah, I'm a bit so-so on redden. On one hand, pre-season performance means nothing for premiums. On the otherhand, it's concerning how average he's been considering brisbanes dominance. I haven't heard anything about injury, was it tagging? I'd think in the season the tag would still go to rich/black before redden. I'm not sure :/ Andrew swallow instead maybe?

Fair enough call on longer- tbh though I don't see him averaging more than 65....

it's a pretty reasonable team.

Ziplock

Quote from: Tominator on March 20, 2013, 11:12:25 AM

Heppell, Jack and Robbo, but there might be better options than Jack

Matty Wright or Dustin Martin?
Martin, hands down. If tbag sees this I don't care, it's my opinion, and unlike you I've backed it up with stats and facts rather than conjecture :P

Ziplock

Heppell, Jack, Robbo.

Jimbo_11

swallow v murphy v danger v fyfe v kennedy
which 2 will avg the most??

T Dog

Hey zip

still playing around..what are your thoughts on

Sewell and Harper vs Lucas and Zorco/Rockliffe?

Alka

Quote from: Ziplock on March 20, 2013, 11:22:33 AM
I like it, I think it's pretty well structured. I have hibberd in my team as well, so :P Yeah, not a massive fan of Birch... suckling being out could benefit him though to be fair. I'd put Birch at around 90 and hartlett about high 80s- that being said, Birch doesn't come with the injury risk of Hartlett

I've got moloney as well :P at this stage I see him as the best midpricer in that range for the midfield.

Yeah, I'm a bit so-so on redden. On one hand, pre-season performance means nothing for premiums. On the otherhand, it's concerning how average he's been considering brisbanes dominance. I haven't heard anything about injury, was it tagging? I'd think in the season the tag would still go to rich/black before redden. I'm not sure :/ Andrew swallow instead maybe?

Fair enough call on longer- tbh though I don't see him averaging more than 65....

Good to hear we made some similar calls. At worst I'm going down together with the Zip-ship!

Maybe the fact so many young guns are coming through Brissy is affecting Reddens out-put? Zorko, Karnezis etc.
I'm no longer convinced on him so have brought in Deledio. I'm also no longer convinced leaving out Ablett is a good idea. Mind you Boydy is a decent semi-POD atm.

What do you think of these options?

Birchall down to Hartlett (or other similar price), Boyd to Ablett. Leaves me with 18k.

So basically: Birchall & Boyd vs Hartlett & Ablett.

OR

Birchall up to Stanley, Boyd to Ablett, Deledio to A.Swallow.

Birchall, Boyd & Deledio vs Stanley, Ablett & A.Swallow

Also TBH, with 44 trades, I think the Hartlett injury concern is a much more manageable risk.

Ziplock

Quote from: Jimbo_11 on March 20, 2013, 11:43:51 AM
swallow v murphy v danger v fyfe v kennedy
which 2 will avg the most??

I'm going with swallow + murphy.

Swallows the only one I would be going with atm though as a keeper... fyfe represents the best value and should average similar to danger and kennedy.

Ziplock

Quote from: Alka on March 20, 2013, 01:00:09 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on March 20, 2013, 11:22:33 AM

Good to hear we made some similar calls. At worst I'm going down together with the Zip-ship!

Maybe the fact so many young guns are coming through Brissy is affecting Reddens out-put? Zorko, Karnezis etc.
I'm no longer convinced on him so have brought in Deledio. I'm also no longer convinced leaving out Ablett is a good idea. Mind you Boydy is a decent semi-POD atm.

What do you think of these options?

Birchall down to Hartlett (or other similar price), Boyd to Ablett. Leaves me with 18k.

So basically: Birchall & Boyd vs Hartlett & Ablett.

OR

Birchall up to Stanley, Boyd to Ablett, Deledio to A.Swallow.

Birchall, Boyd & Deledio vs Stanley, Ablett & A.Swallow

Also TBH, with 44 trades, I think the Hartlett injury concern is a much more manageable risk.
I'm not particulary concerned with the lack of ablett- you won't really be leaking points with Swan in your team as captain anyway. I agree the hartlett injury isnt a big deal due to the trades, that being said, if he does it during a game on like 3 points, he'll leak cash and drop you like 80 ppg behind.

that being said, I like

Stanley, Ablett & A.Swallow

the most. You get a top 3 back, top 2 mid, and imo swallow should suffice as a top 8 mid as well.

Ziplock

Quote from: T Dog on March 20, 2013, 12:41:19 PM
Hey zip

still playing around..what are your thoughts on

Sewell and Harper vs Lucas and Zorco/Rockliffe?

Lucas and rocky.

Rockliff is a non-negotiable lock in my eyes. Plus, I can't see either of sewell or harper becoming a keeper.

Holz

Ablett + Goldy v Stanton + SJ (will have someone round 1 than will trade to him round 2)

Aaron26

ablett+kreuzer+colqohoun vs dangerfield +longer/leuenberger + hartlett.