Started by Ziplock, February 04, 2013, 03:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Quote from: essendon2 on March 05, 2013, 08:52:49 PM
Boyd v Beams
Hartlett v Heppell (D3)
Murphy v Redden v J.Selwood v S.Selwood v A.Swallow v Dangerfield

;D ::)

boyd- he's pretty consistent, and you know what you're going to get from him. I still maintain that beams is too much of a risk for sliding.
heppell- doesn't come with the injury concerns of hartlett, and imo is probably a better BO candidate atm anyway.

as for the last one... that's the million dollar 50 000 dollar question isn't it :P
I'm steering away from S selwood and danger for the same reason I'm staying away from beams. I doubt either of them will go backwards, but I dont see either going forwards much either yet.
Murphy, Redden, Selwood are all pretty underpriced... selwoods scores have been suffering for a while though, with geelongs aging midfield, abletts defection to gc, I'm not super confident in him. I think 108 is about where he'll sit this year (although a cats supporting friend of mine says 120+... got to love bias aye :P )

Imo, murphys underpricing is probably the best of the lot- he was averaging premium before he got injured, and while people say the tag affects him a lot, I'm still not fully convinced. He gets dominated against the saints, but apart from that I still think a lot of his average scores can be attributed to his injury.

Redden's interesting as well. He's not as underpriced as the other ones, and his problem this year was consistency. I think the injrection of rocky + moloney into the side will benefit him a fair chunk, and he should boost his average. Whether or not to a premium level though :/

Swallow's probably my favourite choice of the lot. I've actually started with him for the last two years... I really, really, really feel that a break out is right around the corner, all he needs is just someone: JZ, cunnington, bastinac to step up so that he can lose the occasional tag, or even anthony if he fixes his DE, the improvement of norths mids should see him getting a little bit more cheap ball which is definitely his down side atm- he just doesnt pull the possessions like other premium mids.

Basically, it depends what you want. Murphy for safety, selwood for consistency, swallow as a POD :P

essendon2

Quote from: Ziplock on March 05, 2013, 10:05:35 PM
Quote from: essendon2 on March 05, 2013, 08:52:49 PM
Boyd v Beams
Hartlett v Heppell (D3)
Murphy v Redden v J.Selwood v S.Selwood v A.Swallow v Dangerfield

;D ::)

boyd- he's pretty consistent, and you know what you're going to get from him. I still maintain that beams is too much of a risk for sliding.
heppell- doesn't come with the injury concerns of hartlett, and imo is probably a better BO candidate atm anyway.

as for the last one... that's the million dollar 50 000 dollar question isn't it :P
I'm steering away from S selwood and danger for the same reason I'm staying away from beams. I doubt either of them will go backwards, but I dont see either going forwards much either yet.
Murphy, Redden, Selwood are all pretty underpriced... selwoods scores have been suffering for a while though, with geelongs aging midfield, abletts defection to gc, I'm not super confident in him. I think 108 is about where he'll sit this year (although a cats supporting friend of mine says 120+... got to love bias aye :P )

Imo, murphys underpricing is probably the best of the lot- he was averaging premium before he got injured, and while people say the tag affects him a lot, I'm still not fully convinced. He gets dominated against the saints, but apart from that I still think a lot of his average scores can be attributed to his injury.

Redden's interesting as well. He's not as underpriced as the other ones, and his problem this year was consistency. I think the injrection of rocky + moloney into the side will benefit him a fair chunk, and he should boost his average. Whether or not to a premium level though :/

Swallow's probably my favourite choice of the lot. I've actually started with him for the last two years... I really, really, really feel that a break out is right around the corner, all he needs is just someone: JZ, cunnington, bastinac to step up so that he can lose the occasional tag, or even anthony if he fixes his DE, the improvement of norths mids should see him getting a little bit more cheap ball which is definitely his down side atm- he just doesnt pull the possessions like other premium mids.

Basically, it depends what you want. Murphy for safety, selwood for consistency, swallow as a POD :P
thanks for such a thorough reply mate!
I really like swallow, I'm on the same side as you - BO just around the corner!

that gets me thinking:
Whitfield (m4) + Cox (f1) + Maric (f1) + Karnezis (f6)
vs
Swallow (m5) + McEvoy (r1) + Varcoe (f6) + Karnezis (f5)
vs
Whitfield (m4) + Cox (f1) + Giles/Kreuzer (r1) + LeCras (f6)

Ziplock

option 1. Two keepers, a good cash cow and a potential break out.

Scrads

Is 13 keepers (14 if Leuy becomes a keeper) too few to start in my side ? Keeping in mind MOST of them are top of the range in their positions.

Is it worth going something like Whitfield + Lonergan + Wines + Goodes over Crouch + Viney + Embley + Colquhoun (as just an example off the top of my head) to get the 'better' rooks but be a midpricer down ?

elephants

What is your full team looking like atm ;)

elephants

Aaaaaaand I've got a couple of pearlers for you mate!

Ablett + Boyd + Ball + 61.6k
vs
Redden + Murphy + Greene + 92.1k

I can afford any fwd or ruckmen (depending on where I put Coxy.) I already have Cox, Zorko, Rocky, Robbo as premiums in ruck/fwd. Who should I go in this last spot? McEvoy? Roughy? Chappy? Nroo? Gah, options...

Thanks mate

Cheers dude 8)

essendon2

what do you think of this set up, is the MID too week? (Swan, Ablett, Boyd, Pendles)  :-\

GUN-MP-ROOK

3-0-3
4-0-4
1-1-0
5-1-0

Ziplock

Quote from: Scrads on March 07, 2013, 01:02:17 AM
Is 13 keepers (14 if Leuy becomes a keeper) too few to start in my side ? Keeping in mind MOST of them are top of the range in their positions.

Is it worth going something like Whitfield + Lonergan + Wines + Goodes over Crouch + Viney + Embley + Colquhoun (as just an example off the top of my head) to get the 'better' rooks but be a midpricer down ?

so it's mostly a conventional guns and rookies set up? How many midpricers do you have?

I think in that scenario, yeah, top of the range rookies like whitfield should score better, and be subbed less, than someone like colq

Ziplock

Quote from: elephants on March 07, 2013, 03:38:34 AM
What is your full team looking like atm ;)

Dunno, haven't touched it in weeks. I don't see much of a point of changing except for injury until nab is finished.

I'm pretty sure I dropped embley + ball and get in pendles + a rookie though when embley got injured...

Ziplock

Quote from: elephants on March 07, 2013, 04:07:09 AM
Aaaaaaand I've got a couple of pearlers for you mate!

Ablett 120 + Boyd 115 + Ball 90 + 61.6k= 325
vs
Redden 108 + Murphy 110 + Greene 103 + 92.1k 321

I can afford any fwd or ruckmen (depending on where I put Coxy.) I already have Cox, Zorko, Rocky, Robbo as premiums in ruck/fwd. Who should I go in this last spot? McEvoy? Roughy? Chappy? Nroo? Gah, options...

Thanks mate

Cheers dude 8)
for your first option, they're pretty even. That being said, boyd and ablett are pretty much certainly premiums, and at balls price he's going to make you a large chunk of cash as well. Compared to redden + murphy who are more touch and go as top mids, and greene, who should improve (but not by much).

Option 2: Giles.
Just couldn't think of anyone

so, giles R1 :P

Ziplock

Quote from: essendon2 on March 07, 2013, 10:21:14 AM
what do you think of this set up, is the MID too week? (Swan, Ablett, Boyd, Pendles)  :-\

GUN-MP-ROOK

3-0-3
4-0-4
1-1-0
5-1-0

you must be pretty confident in your defender rookies. Nah, a 4 premium midfield is fine- you've got the best of the best, nobody else imo is guaranteed to score 110+ except those 4.

Justin Bieber

Thoughts on Murphy (Marc) and Cotchin?

Ziplock

Quote from: whatlez on March 07, 2013, 11:18:22 AM
Thoughts on Murphy (Marc) and Cotchin?

I like murphy, I think he's  good for around 110 this year.

Cotchin, not so much- I can see him going eitherway, I personally won't risk starting with him

Justin Bieber

Pfft another Cotchin hater.

elephants

Don't ask the questions if you don't like the answers ::)

Besides, its not Cotchin hate. It's actually a thing called 'realism'.