Started by Ziplock, February 04, 2013, 03:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: Ziplock on February 27, 2013, 05:48:42 PM
Quote from: Holzman on February 27, 2013, 04:05:21 PM
Quote from: essendon2 on February 27, 2013, 03:31:10 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on February 27, 2013, 12:22:13 PM
Quote from: Adamant on February 27, 2013, 12:43:53 AM
It's a decent strategy, you'll start way behind everyone else and will probably be ranked around 30k... but you'll come home with a bang when you start upgrading those mid rooks and will probably finish with a stronger side.

did... you not read my post detailing why this won't happen?
+1
hhahahaha

why do you have the mid rookies scoring soo much. if that actually does happen it will be the best group of rookies by a long long margin.

well, look at this year

greene 96
Zorko 95 (fwd)
gibson 91
treloar 82 (fwd 2012)
coniglio 80
adams (fwd 2012) 75
horsley 75
Miles 75 (only 7 games though)
Shiel 74

so... yeah... ?
Mitchell Mature age rook: Zorko 95, Gibson 91, Horsley 75
So yeah 85-95 isn't out of the question i guess

Lee Key position fwd: Averaged 13.8 disposals, 6.5 marks, and 3.9 goals in the WAFL in a dominant side.
Will be lucky to hit 70 in AFL

Kent, O'meara, Crouch Young Draftees: Greene, Treloar, Coniglio, Adams, Shiel all stepped into a team with no/lack of senior players threatening their spots and hardly any risk of getting vests (except for injuries and limited preseason).
an 80 average for Couch and O'meara is more realistic, and even then its high.

Ziplock

wait, I never said Lee was going to average 80- few of the rookies were legitimate options that I had in the team, I just clicked randomly on the rookie list, they're place holders. It would have been clearer if I'd named them 'highest averaging midfield rookie' 'second highest averaging midfield rookie' etc. but that would have been too long winded.

there are several mature aged mids who could, if given the opportunity, average over 90, mitchell, martin, etc.

Greene, coniglio, treloar all would have, imo, played the majority games at the majority of clubs... exceptions being maybe the top 4 or so.

Not that it matters, since they were all high draft picks they wouldnt have gone to the top 4 :P

Ricochet

haha yeh i was a bit surprised with Lee at 80  :o

blues boy

Jack Watts + Nick Vlastiun with $40,000 left

or

Hamish Hartlet + L. Stevenson with $18,000 left

Ziplock

Quote from: blues boy on February 27, 2013, 08:34:01 PM
Jack Watts + Nick Vlastiun with $40,000 left

or

Hamish Hartlet + L. Stevenson with $18,000 left

going hartlett and stevenson- I reckon watts will be a keeper, but hartletts odds are better.

essendon2

Boyd + Suban
vs
Boyd + Russell
vs
Fyfe + Watts + 30k

Ziplock

Quote from: essendon2 on February 28, 2013, 08:21:45 AM
Boyd + Suban
vs
Boyd + Russell
vs
Fyfe + Watts + 30k

mmm....

Im a bit of a betting man when it come to dt... so I'd probably go fyfe + watts, since you potentially have two premiums. That being said, neither of them are guarentees unlike boyd...

I reckon fyfe + watts + 30k

Ricochet

Do you really think Watts will be a premium?? Thats a big jump from 69

Ziplock

not really, he's a backman, so that's really only a 15ppg rise, which I can personally see happening...

Ricochet

Quote from: Ziplock on February 28, 2013, 12:51:49 PM

not really, he's a backman, so that's really only a 15ppg rise, which I can personally see happening...

69.7*  :P

85 wouldn't be a top 10 defender though, but yeh fair enough

Ziplock

85 was a top 8 defender this year :P

Ricochet

Yeh but do you see him going higher than Goddard, Gibbs, Scotland, Stanley, Grimes, Hanley, Waters, Heppell, Birchall and even guys like Hartlett, Broughts, Shaw and Duff who had poor 2012s?
I guess he could sneak in there if he went 88ish.

Ziplock

I actually see him as 90+ this year, I was being conservative :P

Ricochet

Quote from: Ziplock on February 28, 2013, 01:34:46 PM
I actually see him as 90+ this year, I was being conservative :P
Wow ok. Any particular reason?

Perthwildcat

Do you see Berger playing round one?

I know he didn't play the NAB 1 but do you see him as a lock(zip) or a risk?  Or are Brissy just wrapping him in wool for the time being?

I get the feeling ruck choices are make or break this year.