Ask Ziplock Pre-season

Started by Ziplock, February 04, 2013, 03:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Quote from: Adamant on February 27, 2013, 12:43:53 AM
It's a decent strategy, you'll start way behind everyone else and will probably be ranked around 30k... but you'll come home with a bang when you start upgrading those mid rooks and will probably finish with a stronger side.

did... you not read my post detailing why this won't happen?

Ziplock

Quote from: essendon2 on February 27, 2013, 01:04:58 AM
Thoughts on Watts, C. Beams and C. Smith?

I like watts- in a HB role I see him averaging 85-90+. Probably not worthwhile as a forward, but to start as a defender, sure.

Smith averaged about 75 unsubbed... I think he'll still probably get vested once or twice this season, he was an elite junior ball winner though. He might push 80-85, basically I see him doing what gaff did this year, maybe minus a couple of points.

Beams averaged 76 unsubbed, which is also pretty solid. If he was a forward, with a 10% discount as he probably should have gotten, I would have considered him. As a pure midfielder though, pass. Someone like trengove is about 40k more expensive than him, but should easily average 90+... beams is a bit prone to copping tagging roles.

Ziplock

Quote from: powersuperkents on February 27, 2013, 01:52:28 AM
Boyd, Beams or Pendles baring in mind that I already have Dane Swan...? :) Which one would prove my best starting M2?

Pendlebury... should have the 3rd highest average behind swan and ablett this year, on top of that he's underpriced.

Holz

Cox + Murphy

v

Godly/Mummy + Boyd

Ricochet

Quote from: Ziplock on February 27, 2013, 12:19:48 PM
Quote from: dubizzy on February 27, 2013, 12:32:44 AM

Goddard, grimes, heppell, Hanley, hartlett, Gibbs- terlich, Stevenson ,

Beams, pendalbury, redden, crouch, omeara, t.Mitchell , k.mitchell, towers â€" viney , hvorat

Goldstein, leunberger- currie, Osborn

Franklin, Rockliff , wright, Martin , broughton, Sylvia â€" lee , neade

Can ya help me out. I have 2 k left over didn't like any forward or def rookies much so stacked both those lines.
Yeah, I've done something similar with my team, I had no confidence in forward rookies, so I have a very similar structure.

I'm not a fan of wright, honestly I cant see him improving much, and see it as far more likely he'll go backwards- he's just too small bodied to pull large amounts of midfield time, and he's not a good enough goal kicker to compensate. That being said, I've been wrong before, otherwise I'd be driving around in a 2012 toyota :P

I'm also not a fan of beams as a dt prospective this year- young players usually have an off year post-break out, he'll probably be copping significantly more attention this year as well- swan and pendles are pretty hard to successfully tag, so teams may try to limit beams input. On top of that, ball coming in could push him a little more forward than last year... basically, too many variables- honestly I'd prefer ablett/ swan (which you obviously can't afford unfortunately), but in that price range, I'd pick boyd over beams- at least you know what you'll get.

I think your bench might need some work, that being said, we've only had one round of NAB, so it's a bit early to judge.
What are your thoughts when its a second breakout Zip?
I would've called 2011 his first breakout when he hit 120 in the last half of the season after injury affected first half

Ziplock

Quote from: Holzman on February 27, 2013, 12:31:01 PM
Cox + Murphy

v

Godly/Mummy + Boyd

Cox + Murphy.

I see cox as the no.1 ruck this year by far, and murphy should be up with a 110+ average. Boyd will be a premium too, but mumford/ goldstein are far less certain.

Ziplock

Quote from: Ricochet on February 27, 2013, 12:33:49 PM

Beams, pendalbury, redden, crouch, omeara, t.Mitchell , k.mitchell, towers â€" viney , hvorat

Can ya help me out. I have 2 k left over didn't like any forward or def rookies much so stacked both those lines.
Yeah, I've done something similar with my team, I had no confidence in forward rookies, so I have a very similar structure.

I'm not a fan of wright, honestly I cant see him improving much, and see it as far more likely he'll go backwards- he's just too small bodied to pull large amounts of midfield time, and he's not a good enough goal kicker to compensate. That being said, I've been wrong before, otherwise I'd be driving around in a 2012 toyota :P

I'm also not a fan of beams as a dt prospective this year- young players usually have an off year post-break out, he'll probably be copping significantly more attention this year as well- swan and pendles are pretty hard to successfully tag, so teams may try to limit beams input. On top of that, ball coming in could push him a little more forward than last year... basically, too many variables- honestly I'd prefer ablett/ swan (which you obviously can't afford unfortunately), but in that price range, I'd pick boyd over beams- at least you know what you'll get.

I think your bench might need some work, that being said, we've only had one round of NAB, so it's a bit early to judge.
I would've called 2011 his first breakout when he hit 120 in the last half of the season after injury affected first half
I call break outs basically premium scores- beams only played half a season, so what you mean is that he averaged 120 in 1/4 of a season, and that wasn't exactly against quality opposition. On top of that a 100 average isn't a premium average- look at sam mitchells past history.

Ricochet

Quote from: Ziplock on February 27, 2013, 01:07:36 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on February 27, 2013, 12:33:49 PM

I call break outs basically premium scores- beams only played half a season, so what you mean is that he averaged 120 in 1/4 of a season, and that wasn't exactly against quality opposition. On top of that a 100 average isn't a premium average- look at sam mitchells past history.
Well yeh 7-8 games and it included Gee, Freo, Saints, Esendon. All I'm saying is he showed us he was a premium player in 2011, so does this change you mind about whether he will drop his average in 2013.

Ziplock

STK 6th, essendon 8th, fremantle 11th

geelong was the only really strong team in the lot. Then he also played brisbane and port, fact is it's not really a large enough sample size... Greg broughton had like a 7 game 100+ average streak as well in 2011 :P

essendon2

Quote from: Ziplock on February 27, 2013, 12:22:13 PM
It's a decent strategy, you'll start way behind everyone else and will probably be ranked around 30k... but you'll come home with a bang when you start upgrading those mid rooks and will probably finish with a stronger side.

+1
hhahahaha

Holz

Quote from: essendon2 on February 27, 2013, 03:31:10 PM

+1
hhahahaha

why do you have the mid rookies scoring soo much. if that actually does happen it will be the best group of rookies by a long long margin.

essendon2

Quote from: Holzman on February 27, 2013, 04:05:21 PM

+1
hhahahaha

why do you have the mid rookies scoring soo much. if that actually does happen it will be the best group of rookies by a long long margin.
+1

Ricochet

Agree with Holz.
Kane Mitchell 95, Brad Crouch 90, Jaeger O'Meara 85, Dean Kent 80 and Lee at 80 are all a bit of a stretch

Ricochet

Quote from: Ziplock on February 27, 2013, 01:43:50 PM
STK 6th, essendon 8th, fremantle 11th

geelong was the only really strong team in the lot. Then he also played brisbane and port, fact is it's not really a large enough sample size... Greg broughton had like a 7 game 100+ average streak as well in 2011 :P
haha yeh but Beams is not Broughton

Ziplock

Quote from: Holzman on February 27, 2013, 04:05:21 PM

+1
hhahahaha

well, look at this year

greene 96
Zorko 95 (fwd)
gibson 91
treloar 82 (fwd 2012)
coniglio 80
adams (fwd 2012) 75
horsley 75
Miles 75 (only 7 games though)
Shiel 74

so... yeah... ?