Ask Ziplock Pre-season

Started by Ziplock, February 04, 2013, 03:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

I like yarran, he could be a sneaky POD. In SC I'd say just lock him in, DT though... I'm slightly sceptical of the run and carry types in DT- they often cop masssssive attention, which limits their output, but also if a player has massive speed or a huge kick, they just dont seem to get the cheaper possessions other players do.

That being said, he's definitely underpriced. His scores last week in the first round of NAB would have translated to 80+ in a full game, unsubbed last year he averaged about 70 (that being said, being prone to the vest is an issue we have to consider).

I'd watch him for the rest of NAB. If it looks like he's playing a DT friendly role, and is averaging over 80, I reckon he'd be a decent POD. Otherwise though, you're selecting him at your own risk.

Dutchie64

Thanks Zip.........

Just gave you a cheer for that answer :)

Ziplock

Quote from: Dutchie64 on March 01, 2013, 08:52:58 PM
Thanks Zip.........

Just gave you a cheer for that answer :)

Haha, thanks

powersuperkents

My current backline is:

Goddard, Stanley, Gibbs, Birchall, Hartlett, Pittard, Docherty, Terlich

Should I keep it as is?

Trade Hartlett for Heppell?

or keep Hartlett and trade Birchall to Grimes?

Ziplock

Quote from: powersuperkents on March 01, 2013, 10:38:15 PM
My current backline is:

Should I keep it as is?

I'd prefer to trade birchall to grimes.  I'm guessing you cant afford grimes and heppell?

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ziplock on March 01, 2013, 11:00:35 PM
My current backline is:

Should I keep it as is?

I'd prefer to trade birchall to grimes.  I'm guessing you cant afford grimes and heppell?
haha yeah I can't, I could could try to free up some cash though. What averages do you think Grimes, Birchall, Heppell & Hartlett will rack up this year??

Money

Def- Goddard, Gibbs, Heppel, Suckling, Pittard, Goodes (Docherty, Stevenson)
Mid- Swan, Ablett, Cotchin, Pendlebury, Embley, Wines, K.Mitchell, O'mera (Lonergan, Viney)
Ruc- Cox, Berger (Daw, Currie)
Fowards- Bartel (Johnson R2), Rockliff, Robinson, Matin, Byrnes, Macaffer (Neade, Rowe)

hey mate, this is my team, any tips for a stronger mid or even just tips in general (second year DTer)

powersuperkents

How would you rate Fyfe? What average do you think Nathan Fyfe will get and will it be over 100? ;D

tbagrocks

Quote from: powersuperkents on March 02, 2013, 01:22:03 AM
How would you rate Fyfe? What average do you think Nathan Fyfe will get and will it be over 100? ;D
Are you going to just ask advice for every player you want and troll when everyone elso wants something?

elephants

Ben Jacobs + Nick Suban

vs

Dyson Heppell + Jasper Pittard

It seems obvious yeah but hmmmmm...

elephants

Aaaaand while you're here.

Beams + Patton

OR

Cloke + Lower

#getaroundyourmidpricersyo

Ziplock

Quote from: powersuperkents on March 01, 2013, 11:44:33 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on March 01, 2013, 11:00:35 PM
My current backline is:

Should I keep it as is?

haha yeah I can't, I could could try to free up some cash though. What averages do you think Grimes, Birchall, Heppell & Hartlett will rack up this year??
hartlett and heppell will average pretty similar imo at 90+. Birchall I think will just scrape 90, and grimes will be 95+.

Ziplock

Quote from: Money on March 02, 2013, 12:23:54 AM
Def- Goddard, Gibbs, Heppel, Suckling, Pittard, Goodes (Docherty, Stevenson)
Mid- Swan, Ablett, Cotchin, Pendlebury, Embley, Wines, K.Mitchell, O'mera (Lonergan, Viney)
Ruc- Cox, Berger (Daw, Currie)
Fowards- Bartel (Johnson R2), Rockliff, Robinson, Martin, Byrnes, Macaffer (Neade, Rowe)

hey mate, this is my team, any tips for a stronger mid or even just tips in general (second year DTer)

yeah, I like it. I'm not a fan of suckling though- I just see him copping the occasional vest, and I cant see him going 90+ which you would want in that price range, I'd try swapping him out with the left over cash.

Cotchin I'm very suspect about, history shows that young mids who break out to premium nearly always have an off year the following year.

The team's maybe a little cookie cutter, but apart from that, it's pretty solid.

Ziplock

Quote from: powersuperkents on March 02, 2013, 01:22:03 AM
Yeah, I think 100+. If I had to guess a range, 95-108.

Ziplock

Quote from: elephants on March 02, 2013, 03:29:43 AM
Ben Jacobs 80 + Nick Suban 80

vs

Dyson Heppell 95 + Jasper Pittard 65

It seems obvious yeah but hmmmmm...

160 apiece :P

I'd go option 2, it entails less risk, you get a keeper + solid cash generation.