Ask Ziplock Pre-season

Started by Ziplock, February 04, 2013, 03:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Malthouse likes to have a team full of players who rotate through the mids. Who do you think will be the big winner out of this? Gibbs? Walker? Yarran? Betts?

Will Carrazzo tag as much under Mick?

Ziplock

Quote from: elephants on February 04, 2013, 04:45:01 PM
Is the nab cup a good indicator of the mid-pricers and rookies we choose to start in our round 1 outfit? Or is it just fantasy coaches jumping at the first sight of live footy in 6 months?

Basically, how much notice should we take of scores in the nab? :)

I'd take pretty careful note- it's the best indicator of rookies scoring potential. It's good to note especially though what roles they're playing, and if they're going to lose lucrative scoring positions when best 22 players come in round 1... you don't want to get stuck with another cameron richardson :P

I'd be suspect though if their NAB cup averages are signifcantly higher than their VFL etc./ TAC average though.

Clyde Frog

Goddard or Grimes?
I already have Gibbs, Duffield and Broughton.

elephants

The_Captain

Quote from: Ziplock on February 04, 2013, 04:50:03 PM
Quote from: noto07 on February 04, 2013, 04:29:35 PM
OK Zippy. How many universeres are there?  :P ahha na kidding.

Seriosuly but.. Who will average more in your opinion, Grimes or Duffy?

there's an infinite number of possible univi (new plural for universes :P )

Grimes will average more, I'm tipping him for close to 100 this year. The downside is the possibility of injury- if it happens at training/ mid week, no problem with infinite trades. If he does it mid game though on like 10 points, you're going to be pissed. That being said, I'm tipping duffield for a top 5 defence finish this year, I'd be going for him at this stage personally.

Haha cheers mate. Was split betweeen the two. Just not sure on duffy and what lyon will do with him. Duffy is a fair bit cheaper too!

Toga

Swan, Gaj, Cotchin, Pendles, Redden + Rookies

or

Swan, Gaj, Cotchin, Pendles, Toumpas + Rookies?

The $380K would be spent to upgrade say Docherty -> Duffield or Knights -> Premium....

Toga

Oh, and would I be crazy to swap Gaj out of the above midfield for S.Selwood/B.Ebert? ::)

Capper

Capper

Whilst i am on, i will be down in Mebourne this weekend to catch up with some mates, is there anything on this weekend in Melbourne besides the St Kilda Festival??

Ziplock

Quote from: meow meow on February 04, 2013, 04:55:52 PM
Malthouse likes to have a team full of players who rotate through the mids. Who do you think will be the big winner out of this? Gibbs? Walker? Yarran? Betts?

Will Carrazzo tag as much under Mick?
Walker's needed too badly upfront as a target to rotate through the middle, unless malthouse develops a beast keyforward in the off season. Without a real dominating key forward though, betts is needed up there along with garlett to really mop-up as much as possible, I cant see any of those players getting huge midfield time this year.

I doubt carrazzo will tag as much- not that he did last season anyway, malthouse doesn't really use taggers that much anyway, especially compared to other coaches.

I also think Yarrans run and carry is probably more dangerous off halfback rather than in the midfield, I can see him rotating through, but not huge amounts of time, maybe just in some key moments. If players like betts get a run in the mids as well, yarran might even move to half forward at points.

Gibbs will probably be the big winner out of this,  as most DT coaches are punting on. I think all those players will rotate through, but not enough to really pump up their scores to be viable- in carrazzos case I think it'll be the opposite, he'll probably spend more time off halfback rather than in the midfield.

Ziplock

Quote from: Clyde Frog on February 04, 2013, 04:56:31 PM
Goddard or Grimes?
I already have Gibbs, Duffield and Broughton.

goddard, less injury concern, new club and we know he can pull out the 100+ average.

Ziplock

Quote from: noto07 on February 04, 2013, 05:03:12 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on February 04, 2013, 04:50:03 PM
Quote from: noto07 on February 04, 2013, 04:29:35 PM
OK Zippy. How many universeres are there?  :P ahha na kidding.

Seriosuly but.. Who will average more in your opinion, Grimes or Duffy?

there's an infinite number of possible univi (new plural for universes :P )

Grimes will average more, I'm tipping him for close to 100 this year. The downside is the possibility of injury- if it happens at training/ mid week, no problem with infinite trades. If he does it mid game though on like 10 points, you're going to be pissed. That being said, I'm tipping duffield for a top 5 defence finish this year, I'd be going for him at this stage personally.

Haha cheers mate. Was split betweeen the two. Just not sure on duffy and what lyon will do with him. Duffy is a fair bit cheaper too!
well, duffields scores without broughton were pretty encouraging. There's slight concern that someones like ibbotson will be used in the role he had, but I honestly think he's pretty solid atm.

Ziplock

Quote from: Toga on February 04, 2013, 05:04:33 PM
Swan, Gaj, Cotchin, Pendles, Redden + Rookies

or

Swan, Gaj, Cotchin, Pendles, Toumpas + Rookies?

The $380K would be spent to upgrade say Docherty -> Duffield or Knights -> Premium....

drop cotchin, keep redden and upgrade knights to a premium and docherty to someone like pederson/bock :P

Quote from: Toga on February 04, 2013, 05:05:20 PM
Oh, and would I be crazy to swap Gaj out of the above midfield for S.Selwood/B.Ebert? ::)
yes. Dont do it.

Ziplock

Quote from: tabs on February 04, 2013, 05:08:47 PM
Whilst i am on, i will be down in Mebourne this weekend to catch up with some mates, is there anything on this weekend in Melbourne besides the St Kilda Festival??

pro wrestling.

http://melbournecitywrestling.com.au/1000pound/

enjoy :P

Ziplock