Ask Ziplock Pre-season

Started by Ziplock, February 04, 2013, 03:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Ask me anything and I'll give you an answer. Preferably dreamteam related, but not necessarily :P

I can't promise I'll be right, but I can promise that I'll have something to say :P

Chelskiman

Nice!

Basically, Heppell and Sylvia v Broughton and Wright?

Ziplock

Quote from: Chelskiman on February 04, 2013, 03:51:33 PM
Nice!

Basically, Heppell and Sylvia v Broughton and Wright?

Heppell and Sylvia. I'm not a big Wright fan, Sylvia is significantly underpriced and can/ will average around the 90-95 mark at minimum, while Heppell's coming into his third year and had a slight point increase last year- I can see him going up into premium range very easily.

On the flip side, Wright's a small forward, so prone to super inconsistencies and doesn't have the build to play huge midfield time... it's hard to pick when he has good games as well, his consistency is all over the shop, having sub-80 games even against gws/ gc.

I like broughton, but he's no certainty for premium scores even at GC :P

so yeah, Heppell + Sylvia

Chelskiman

Capper

Most teams have Crouch, O'Meara and Viney as their rookie mids. What other rookie mids should we look at??

SydneyRox

How much is that doggy in the window??

Capper

Also, do the chicks like the new haircut??

Chelskiman

Another one for you, Zip.  Should I downgrade Embley (M6) to Wines and then upgrade Goldstein to any ruckman I want or keep it how it is?

So Goldy + Embley v Wines + Any ruckman (probably Cox or Maric)

The_Captain

OK Zippy. How many universeres are there?  :P ahha na kidding.

Seriosuly but.. Who will average more in your opinion, Grimes or Duffy?

elephants

Is the nab cup a good indicator of the mid-pricers and rookies we choose to start in our round 1 outfit? Or is it just fantasy coaches jumping at the first sight of live footy in 6 months?

Basically, how much notice should we take of scores in the nab? :)

Ziplock

Quote from: tabs on February 04, 2013, 04:20:36 PM
Most teams have Crouch, O'Meara and Viney as their rookie mids. What other rookie mids should we look at??

at this point, those 3 are looking like must haves. If you have the extra cash, whitfield and wines could be worth the punt. Kane mitchell if he gets upgraded, same with kyle martin and jake llyod, all had some huge b-grade averages. Tom Mitchell, Towers if named round one, colquhoun for a dpp link, Hunter...

all comes down to who gets named :P

Ziplock

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 04, 2013, 04:25:13 PM
How much is that doggy in the window??

$396,200

all aboard the higgins train, toot toot mofos.

Ziplock

Quote from: tabs on February 04, 2013, 04:27:40 PM
Also, do the chicks like the new haircut??

ehhh, mixed reactions... it'll be fine when it grows out a little more :P

Ziplock

Quote from: Chelskiman on February 04, 2013, 04:29:16 PM
Another one for you, Zip.  Should I downgrade Embley (M6) to Wines and then upgrade Goldstein to any ruckman I want or keep it how it is?

So Goldy + Embley v Wines + Any ruckman (probably Cox or Maric)

Run with what you've got imo.

or get bellchambers as a smokie if you want a POD :P

Ziplock

Quote from: noto07 on February 04, 2013, 04:29:35 PM
OK Zippy. How many universeres are there?  :P ahha na kidding.

Seriosuly but.. Who will average more in your opinion, Grimes or Duffy?

there's an infinite number of possible univi (new plural for universes :P )

Grimes will average more, I'm tipping him for close to 100 this year. The downside is the possibility of injury- if it happens at training/ mid week, no problem with infinite trades. If he does it mid game though on like 10 points, you're going to be pissed. That being said, I'm tipping duffield for a top 5 defence finish this year, I'd be going for him at this stage personally.