Roughy/Setanta/Murphy vs Robbo/Sandi/Wines

Started by timmyparso, February 04, 2013, 02:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmyparso

Roughy (solid/consistant/DDP, look at stats), Setanta (cash cow, priced at premium rookie $157K, good JS?), Murphy (underpriced Premo)
VS,
Robbo (solid/consistant, same ave as Roughy), Sandi (best ruck when not injured, underpriced), Wines (gun rook premium priced cashcow with high JS, value of other mid rooks??? time will tell)

Almost a Sandi/Wines vs Murphy/Setanta, but needed cash so had to go Robbo to Roughy. Only have $600 left with Roughy option.

Leaning towards the Roughy/Setanta/Murphy combo, Murphy as M5 is big selling point and Setanta (at F6/7/8) can down grade to fwd rookie if/when one presents (have Staker and Lee fighting for F6). Setanta options if other fwd options present in NAB Cup include McCaffer, Hichcock, Membury, Lamb, Morton (if I can find $10K).

Setanta has RUC/FWD and with Roughy (R1) and Cox (F1 currently) have flexibility to cover injuries in ruck and forwards

I expect Murphy to outscore Sandi and is more durable, but will Murphy outscore Sandi by more than Wines outscoring Setanta??

Thoughts?

GM

Hey Timmy
Murphy 102,roughy 88,Setanta 34    224
Wines  60, Sandi 93,Robbo 96          249
My thoughts are definitely Robbo,Sandi/Wines.
I have those 3 currently and imo Wines will be one of the best scoring and money making rooks available.

timmyparso

Quote from: greenmoon on February 04, 2013, 02:57:06 PM
Hey Timmy
I have those 3 currently and imo Wines will be one of the best scoring and money making rooks available.

Setanta will ave more than 34, his 34 last year he went off injured in the 3rd quarter. I was thinking 50-60 which would then make the above numbers close to even  ::) .

I could go Stanton (M4) to Redden (this would fix my 5 Premium Mid round 13 problem), Gorringe (R3) to Daw/Currie/Witts, Setanta (F6/7/8) to Hichcock and Crouch/Jones (M9/10) to Wines. I guess NAB Cup will answer a few questions aroung these rookie priced players.

Arrrgggggggggggggg stil go 46 days of this until LOCK OUT!!!

Holz

I would go Wines Sandi Robbo.

Sandi is coming into the season the best he has for a long time, i think he can average close to 100. Robbo probably the same injuries held him back abit this year im expecting 95+

Wines to me is the best rookie this year and he is worth the price tag. I would say he should comfartably outscore Sentanta

Nails

Murphy is more like 110-115

He's a top 6 mid provided he's fit.

Roughy is a 95 ave ruck this year. Setanta would be closer to 60.

Sandi = injured half the time and will probably score similar to Roughead anyway

Murphy is 10x better than Robbo

Wines and Setanta = similar

Roughy, Murphy and Setanta by a mile.

Ricochet

Quote from: greenmoon on February 04, 2013, 02:57:06 PM
Hey Timmy
sorry GM but think you might be a bit short there on some boys

Murphy (115) Roughead (95) Setanta (60)
Wines (75) Sandi (100) Robbo (100)

Second one for me mate

Screech

wines robbo sandi.....obviously sandi over setanta anyday that makes the difference in itself....

Chelskiman

Quote from: Screech on February 04, 2013, 05:04:58 PM
wines robbo sandi.....obviously sandi over setanta anyday that makes the difference in itself....

+1

timmyparso

Quote from: Screech on February 04, 2013, 05:04:58 PM

For the R1 spot it is Sandi vs Roughy. Setanta vs. Wines. Robbo Vs Murphy (value wise anyway). This scenario isn't a direct 1 for 1 in a position its a combo.

timmyparso

thanks for input guys, I've decided that Setanta just looks ugly in my forwards and at the price I've made a few changes to ensure Wines is in the mids. Many more changes in the next 45 days...