Which Saint(backs)?

Started by owenbond007, February 03, 2013, 09:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Looking at starting with a POD in backs which saint would you choose?

Fisher
11 (61.1%)
Geary
4 (22.2%)
Gilbert the frog
2 (11.1%)
dempster
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 2

owenbond007

Looking to start a saint to trade out r4 or r5, utilizing there relatively simply start. which back would you go?

Adamant

Ewith their easy start, I wouldn't be touching any of those guys.

Fisher if I had to pick though. He is a proven gun scorer, but had a role change last year which really hampered his scoring. Watch NAB form to see his role.

Chelskiman

Yeah, Fisher if you really had to.  :-\

Spinking

Keep your eye on what happens in the NAB. Saints will be looking for a Goddard replacement to provide run out of defence and go through the mids. I'm thinking it may be Geary, but Roberton might be looked at.

mezzoculo

If you 're going to pick a player because their team has a great draw then make sure they are also pretty handy DTers. Unfortunately,  none of those guys are (although Fisher was until last season).

IIRC, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, GWS / GCS also have favouarble early draws. Perhaps look into that.

Hagebear

Ideally wouldn't ever touch any of them but Fisher if u had to.

Football Factory

owenbond007

already gone saint nick in forwards. i got 4 guys 2 swans 2 saints I'm planning to trade out r4 r5 looking to get some coin out of em. obviously NAB cup form will determine who gets the nod.

starting price isn't a issue hoping to chase a few big scores against the gc gws boys.

Noz

If your going to pick someone with a easy draw early on look at GWS, GC, Melbourne and Port as well some defenders are very handy in fantasy this season.

Out of the ones you mentioned i would pick Fisher but not with a lot of confidence  :-\

Justin Bieber

Manbearpig

I agree with Whatlez. Get Geary. But keep an eye on where they play in NAB.

meow meow

Gilbert looks the most natural attacking player out of that lot

Ricochet

Problem is Saints don't really have the defenders that you could rely on to score well early on.
NRoo is a good pick but would rather play it safe down back.

Justin Bieber

Spanner221

The biggest problem with St.Kilda's backs is that they have so few so most of them get forced into very defensive (and not dt friendly) positions, with no back being picked up in the draft and the failed trade for brown the only scoring back position will be the Goddard position. Fisher most likely wont be playing a high scoring position anymore due to the young blood plan. Dempster is a fantastic player but not a dt player. If Gilbert can get back some confidence he could score really well but i doubt it. The biggest question at St.Kilda atm is if Geary or Siposs will get the "Goddard role". If Geary gets it he will do very well if not I would still think he will do alright at the start (mid 80's?) and improve overall but there are a lot better options out there.