Sharrod Wellingham

Started by simm_bo, February 03, 2013, 08:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simm_bo

Does he have much upside joining the eagles or will he be same old?

Nails

I'd say there's some upside and was in my side until not long ago. However toooooo many options around his price.

Cyril, Dusty, Wright, Goodes, Petrie, Jroo, JBrown...

Adamant

Quote from: Nails on February 03, 2013, 08:24:14 PM
I'd say there's some upside and was in my side until not long ago. However toooooo many options around his price.

Cyril, Dusty, Wright, Goodes, Petrie, Jroo, JBrown...

I would only consider Dusty, Wright and mabye Cyril as legitimate options from those.

Goodes, Petrie, JRoo and Brown will be nowhere near the top 6-10 forwards.

Nails

S_Coach99

Word is he is training as a tagger to release Scott Selwood... I'll be watching Selwood if true.

hardnut

Quote from: S_Coach99 on February 03, 2013, 09:27:44 PM
Word is he is training as a tagger to release Scott Selwood... I'll be watching Selwood if true.

This is where Wellingham fits. Selwood was super last year but was eventually returned to a defensive role and his scoring slowed. WCE aren't likely to run a hard tag in mids but they need someone who can annoy and go with the guns as A.Selwood/McGinnity better suited to tagging forwards.

Wellingham for 85ish I reckon but Scooter could easily go >110ppg and is currently sitting in my team.

popedelio

Quote from: hardnut on February 03, 2013, 10:23:04 PM

This is where Wellingham fits. Selwood was super last year but was eventually returned to a defensive role and his scoring slowed. WCE aren't likely to run a hard tag in mids but they need someone who can annoy and go with the guns as A.Selwood/McGinnity better suited to tagging forwards.

Wellingham for 85ish I reckon but Scooter could easily go >110ppg and is currently sitting in my team.

OMG we think alike hardnut. Hoping for wellingham to be a run with player on outside midfielders which will free up Selwood, and with a full pre season under his belt he can maybe keep up his form lile he had at the start of last season :)

Ricochet

Quote from: hardnut on February 03, 2013, 10:23:04 PM

Completely agree, its a tough midfield to break into. If anything WCE have more quality midfield depth than Collingwood. Obviously not quite to the standard of Swan, Pendles Beams but it is deep. Kerr, Shuey, Selwood, Priddis, Masten, Gaff, Embley, Rosa, Wellingham,
Watch out for Scooter this year

Ricochet

Windigo

Wellingham didn't have much room to improve his average in the pies midfield, looking at the Eagles midfield,the same will apply here IMO.

Chelskiman

I don't think he'll go anywhere near 85 average.  80 at best for me.